Saturday, December 3, 2022

Review: Cats Don't Like Christmas by Andy Wortlock

 


Genre: Children's 3-7
Published: September 2, 2022
Pages: 35



It’s Christmas time! It’s here again!
But first I need to say…
I think you’re making too much fuss
about this holiday!

Our adorable little cat is back this Christmas and he thinks there might be a little too much fuss this holiday season. Cats aren't great with change and there's plenty this time of year, in such a short period of time! For little and big readers, this is the funny, festive, companion to the award winning, Cats Don’t Like That! by Andy Wortlock and Nahum Ziersch.

Enjoy this special holiday treat and get your festive paws on a copy today!

Meow-y Christmas!


I received a copy of this book through Netgalley. This is my honest review. 

I actually kind of regret getting this book through Netgalley, because it's ARC status affected my enjoyment of the story. Some of the text was scrambled in the version I had, which sometimes happens in ARCs, but when it's a novel, it's easy enough to figure out exactly what it's trying to say. This being a book for young children, there weren't enough words on each page to easily figure out what was going on before moving to another page with the same problem. I think I would have actually really enjoyed this rhyming story if I didn't spend so much time trying to figure out the order the words were actually supposed to go in. 

The illustrations were not affect by this book being a review copy and the were fun and silly, bright and colorful and would definitely appeal to children. They were definitely a highlight for me all things considered. 

Overall I give this book 3.7 out of 5 stars because unfortunately that scrambled text just really ruined the experience for me, but I think I would have enjoyed the book without it. - Katie 




Andy Wortlock is a husband and in-house, award-winning-Dad to his two young boys, and often refers to himself as an "accidental author". He infuses his work with fun and a genuine enthusiasm for life.

He is the founder of Splash Books and the creator of wild adventures including the first self-published picture book, Cats Don't Like That!, along with a series of other creative children's tales that continue to arrive on the scene. Andy hopes that his stories will make kids smile, and enable parents to whisk swiftly through bedtime routines!

No comments:

Post a Comment