Thursday, December 8, 2022

Review: A Beautiful Christmas by Adam Musselmani


Genre: Children's 6 and up
Pages: 140
Published: October 23, 2022



A humorous early chapter book for kids ages 6 and up.

Christmas is just around the corner, and Albert is on a mission to find the perfect gifts for his friends. Albert gets off-track and focuses on himself instead.

To make matters worse, Parker the Pickle has a trick up his evil sleeve, and is determined to ruin the holidays for everyone. Is Albert capable of finding the perfect presents for his friends, and at the same time, saving Christmas from this sour pickle?

Join Albert on his action-packed adventure, including a merry ride on Santa's sleigh. With a little advice from Saint Nick, Albert may even discover the true meaning of Christmas.

Grab your copy today. A perfect addition to any home or classroom library.


I received a copy of this book through Netgalley. This is my honest review. 

This book was just ridiculous. The fruits and veggies jump from one adventure to another and they are all more absurd than my weirdest dreams. And most of the scenarios make absolutely no sense whatsoever. Even the dialogue is awkward and stilted.

I feel like if the author would have picked one absurd event and really fleshed it out with problems and logical resolutions, this could have been a palatable book for me. But as it stands, there's just too many events with too few details in too short of a book for me. 

That was the review I wrote before I came to build this blog post and discovered that the author is an actual child. I still stand by my review because it is honestly how I felt about the book while reading, but I would have felt differently had I known beforehand that the author is a kid. I do not expect the same level of rational story telling from a child that I expect from an adult. There were some details in the story that were really nice touches coming from a child, things I wouldn't necessarily expect a kid to think of. And this kid has some potential. He's definitely got an active imagination, now he needs to work on fleshing out his stories and using more natural sounding dialogue. 

I'm adjusting my rating to 3.4 stars out of 5 with the information I have now, because my experience reading still wasn't great, but this kid would know what kind of story would appeal to kids more than most adults. - Katie 




Adam is a 6th grader and a budding young author who loves to create funny stories!

Adam wrote his first book VIP Fruits when he was 8 years old and published it on Nov 11 2021. Now Adam is 11 and just published his second chapter book of VIP Fruits series.

In his spare time, Adam enjoys solving his Rubik's cube, playing tennis, and playing the violin in the Bay Youth Orchestra.

No comments:

Post a Comment