Tuesday, October 24, 2017

*Top Ten Tuesday* Unique Book Titles


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Joood - Hooligan of Platypire reviews bossed me into doing this, so I guess this is a thing I do now. 

This weeks theme is unique book titles. So this could be a super easy topic because you just go check out Chuck Tingle's Amazon page and pick ten of his book titles and you have a list. But I'm not all about that kind of wham, bam, thank-you-ma'am post for this week, so I'm limiting myself to just one Chuck Tingle selection to allow for a bit more variety. It should probably be noted that I have probably not read any of these books (once I actually compose the list I'll know for sure, but I'm going to be just as surprised by it as you are.) Without further ado and bloviating, here we go.

1: Pokebutt Go: Pounded by 'Em All by Chuck Tingle - I'm a Pokemon Go player (still) so this book has been on my wishlist for a while because reasons (mostly I'm hesitant to pay $2.99 for 33 pages and don't use KU).
2: Ass Goblins of Auschwitz by Cameron Pierce - Fun fact, J. Hooligan of Platypire Reviews owes me a review of this book, still. Once I get the review that I owe her done, I'm gonna' have to insist she get on that.
3: The Human Santapede by Adam Millard - Bekah the Awesome owes me a review for this book, and again, once I get the review done that I owe her, I'm going to start nagging about it.
4: Spermjackers From Hell by Christine Morgan - Not going to lie, this title makes me think of the tracker jackers from Hunger Games.
5: The Lesser Swamp Gods of Little Dixie by Jonathan Raab - I wonder if there is a book about the greater swamp gods of little Dixie too.
6: Frostitute by Glen Frost - I know I shouldn't be picture Queen Elsa of Arendelle as the MC of this book based on the title alone, but I am. Largely because the idea of a scantily clad Frosty the Snowman is somehow worse.
7: The Jewish-Japanese Sex and Cook Book and How to Raise Wolves by Jack Douglas - I want a copy of this book, but it's a wee bit expensive, so it's going to have to wait until some holiday where someone wants to really make my day (my birthday is in December in case you're looking for a present for me!)
8: Beard in Mind by Penny Reid - Honestly, just about any of Penny Reid's books could have made this list because the titles are eye-catching (that's a thing, right). They are at least titles that you don't forget easily.
9: You're Never Weird on the Internet by Felicia Day - I've read this one (well listened to the audiobook and you should absolutely spring for the audiobook on this one). It's also a super unique title, you don't get any other results when you search this on Amazon.
10: My Fairy Godmother is a Drag Queen by David Clawson - I won a copy of this book through Goodreads, but haven't read it yet. It's on my To-Be-Read-Sooner-Rather-Than-Later list though. 

So there you have it. Ten of the most unique book titles I could find. I think it would be best for everyone involved if we don't ask me how I found most of them. Deal. 

What are some of the most unique book titles you've seen? - Katie 

*If you're stopping by from the linkup, please be sure to leave a link to your post so I can stop by and check out your list too.*

Have you joined the 12 Books of Christmas Challenge yet? Find out more details and sign up here!

17 comments:

  1. The Human Santapede has a really funny cover :D I haven't read any of these but they seem interesting :)

    My TTT: http://flippingthruthepages.com/2017/10/top-ten-tuesday-6-top-ten-unique-book-titles/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right. I'm actually thinking about adding it to my 12 Books of Christmas Challenge list for the year since I know for a fact I'll be working on moving around then so my physical books are gonna' be getting packed up. - Katie

      Delete
  2. You're never weird on the Internet, so true! Loving that title. Great list.

    http://jadorehappyendings.blogspot.nl/2017/10/top-ten-unique-book-titles.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're never weird on the internet... is that true? Hahaha. Great title. you found some interesting ones
    http://wp.me/p4cJzL-3BW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I mean I'm pretty sure I'm weird anywhere you may encounter me. But the point is that you can find similarly weird people on the internet, which makes your weird not weird. Make sense? LOL.

      Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  4. Holey moley! How do some of these exist?

    http://mwgerard.com/top-ten-tuesday-unique-book-names/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That I could not tell you, but it probably has a lot to do with the ease of self-publishing and ebooks. Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  5. These are hilarious. :-) Definitely unique! I have heard good things about My Fairy Mother is a Drag Queen. And now you have me curious about You're Never Weird on the Internet. I will have to give that one a try! I love Felicia Day. How did I not know about her book?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You simply must read You're Never Weird on the Internet (or if you can afford it, spring for the audio, you won't regret it!) Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  6. This list is perfect! Where did u even stumble upon all these weird names!

    Heres mine: https://bookishowlette.wordpress.com/2017/10/24/top-ten-unique-book-titles/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I said it would be best if we didn't ask me where I found these books! LOL. (Most of them came as suggestions for also bought based on browsing Chuck Tingle books.) - Katie

      Delete
  7. I forgot penny Reid books! I see you also picked a chuck tingle one... copier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked a way better Chuck Tingle book, so there. Also, I'm pretty sure I posted my list before you posted yours, so you're clearly the copier. - Katie

      Delete
  8. Yeah, Chuck Tingle is . . . unusual. I've never been brave enough to read one.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made the mistake of listening to a Chuck Tingle audiobook without headphones while doing dishes once...I don't recommend doing that if you have small children. - Katie

      Delete
  9. I didn't know Beard in Mind was available! One clicked!
    I might need to get me a copy of the sex cookbook and how to raise wolves...

    ReplyDelete