Friday, October 13, 2017

*Review* The Sacred Knights by Mary Ting


Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Published: October 8, 2017
Pages: 212


The Chosen Knights think they’ve found all the clues, but the last one leads them to yet another destination. They astral travel back to the massive destruction of the Knights Templar and find a missing element. As they decipher the final puzzle piece, Cyrus continues to grow his army. 

A powerful volcano in Hawaii erupts, and inhabitants are forced to stay and fight the demons or flee. Many people once believed to be dead rise to help defeat Cyrus, and Venators arrive from Crossroads to help. Time is running out, and the Chosen Knights must decide to finish what they started or leave the battle to find the Snow Queen, who some believe is the only one who can defeat Cyrus.


I was hired to proofread this book. The only aspects of the story that I influenced were the spelling and grammar. If you feel that my connection with the book makes my review untrustworthy, so be it, but this is my honest review. 

I've been with this series since the prequel, and felt like I was waiting forever for the conclusion to the drama. If you have not started this series yet, you're in much better shape than I was, because I believe it's complete now. The major issues at least find their resolution in this book. I do recommend that you read the series in order. These books definitely can not adequately stand alone.

I felt like this book had more twists and turns than a switchback mountain road. Some of them I really probably should have seen coming, but they still caught me off guard pretty much every time. And even though I thought I had most of the pieces to this puzzle at the end of the previous book, I was wrong, so very wrong. There were several little, tiny pieces that played a big part in the outcome of this story, and without them, it definitely would not have been complete.

Overall it was an exciting adventure, an action packed race to the finish line to see who would succeed in their quest, Cyrus or The Chosen Knights. It had me hooked so I just had to keep flipping the figurative pages to find out what would happen next.

I give The Sacred Knights 4.985 stars. - Katie 



International Bestselling/Award Winning Author Mary Ting/M. Clarke resides in Southern California with her husband and two children. She enjoys oil painting and making jewelry. Writing her first novel, Crossroads Saga, happened by chance. It was a way to grieve the death of her beloved grandmother, and inspired by a dream she once had as a young girl. When she started reading new adult novels, she fell in love with the genre. It was the reason she had to write one-Something Great. She also toured with Magic Johnson Foundation to promote literacy and her children's chapter book-No Bullies Allowed.

Ways to keep in touch with the author:

Newsletter Updates: http://eepurl.com/YMyCn

Website: www.authormaryting.com
Instagram: http://instagram.com/authormaryting 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/authormaryting
Twitter: @maryting
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11283685-crossroads
Blog: http://www.marytingbooks.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment