Tuesday, October 31, 2017

*Top Ten Tuesday* Books Featuring Vampires


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Joood - Hooligan of Platypire reviews bossed me into doing this, so I guess this is a thing I do now. 

This weeks theme is Halloween freebie. For some reason, these freebie themes are the hardest for me to do. I need more direction than this. There's just too many options and it's so hard to narrow it down (or you know, just think of a single option that isn't just books with the word Halloween in the title, because that is literally what I've got right now.) So I'm cheating and asking my eight-year-old what I should blog about for this weeks Top Ten Tuesday post. His suggestion: Vampires. I think I can work with that.

So here we go. My top ten books featuring vampires or vampire like creatures in no particular order but with a very clear countdown (figure that one out!)

10: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer - As much as I hate the representation of vampires in Twilight, the storyline for this series was engaging enough to keep me reading to the end.
9: 'Twas the Night by Robin Reed - Vampire Santa...that's all you need to know.
8: House of Night (Series) by P.C. and Kristin Cast - I haven't actually read all the books in this series. I read through all of the ones that were available like seven years ago, and then never picked up another because I was apparently not that invested. Maybe someday I'll finish it.
7: Vampire Diaries (Series) by L.J. Smith - I'm not sure how many of these books I've actually read, but I know it's at least two, which is actually four books because they come in pairs. I was reading them around the time that I moved to Germany though (I went through a serious vampire phase then it seems), and that was quite a while ago.
6: The Chosen Knights by Mary Ting - So vampires aren't the main focus of this story, but it has several vampire like creatures.
5: Midnight Moonrising by K.S. Haigwood and Anne Conley - This book has vampires and werewolves and maybe some bears, oh my! It's definitely a fun series and I'm in it! #NoBias
4: Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith - What's not to love about the 16th president of the US killing vampires?
3: Nightworld (Series) by L.J. Smith - I read this series during my vampire phase too.
2: Dracula by Bram Stoker - It wouldn't be a list about vampire books if Dracula didn't make an appearance.
1: Salem's Lot by Stephen King - I would be remiss if I didn't include King's vampire book on this list, right? So here it is.

This list was way harder to compile than I thought it would be because I feel like I've read a million vampire books, but couldn't think of hardly any when I started trying (because there are so many series included on this list probably).

What are you favorite vampire books that I should be reading? - Katie

*If you're stopping by from the linkup, please be sure to leave a link to your list so I can see what Halloween themed books you're featuring.*

Have you joined the 12 Books of Christmas Challenge yet? Find out more details and sign up here!

11 comments:

  1. Wow, only read Twilight of your list, but I have read other books with vampires in it. I just can't remember them. haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've read more books with vampires than this, but I couldn't for the life of me remember what they were when I was writing my list.

      Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  2. Eight year olds are very useful though I'd be kind of scared to ask mine! I think I'd get Ninjas. I've only read Twilight and while I didn't really like it I could see why it was so popular. I do want to read Dracula some day. Maybe next October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He spent a couple minutes thinking before answering. My six year old, goodness only knows what she would have said, but her response would have been pretty much instantaneous I'm sure. - Katie

      Delete
  3. Great list! I used to be obsessed with the House of Night novels (but now, as an adult, I can't remember much about them which is kind of sad) and I always get a little excited to see them included.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had picked up the first four or five of them at Target when we were PCSing to Germany thinking that they'd last me until the books I'd had moved arrived in Germany. Three of them didn't even make it on the plane with me because I just devoured them. I got lucky that the bookstore on base had the next couple that I needed to keep reading.

      Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  4. I must say that I love a good vampire story. I will have to check some of these out. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list. I’ve read a few of these, but you made me realize that I don’t read nearly enough vampire books.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these, except for Twilight! A lot of today's posts are centered on Vampires which is so interesting.. Great post! :)

    My TTT : http://anerdyaffair.wixsite.com/scribblesonascreen/single-post/2017/10/25/Bookish-Characters-who-win-Halloween-Top-Ten-Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christopher Farnsworth The President's Vampire is a great series. However, I will warn you book three ends with a cliffhanger and it's been years since he's written a book in this series.

    ReplyDelete