Friday, October 27, 2017

*Book Blogger Hop* 27 October 2017

We are on to a new week for the Book Blogger Hop hosted by the lovely folks over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. This weeks questions is:
Candy Corn, a chocolate bar, or Popcorn. Which of these snacks are your favorite to eat while reading? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)
Of the snacks listed, I would definitely have to say that popcorn is my favorite to eat while reading, and if I'm feeling particularly adventurous (or just craving a little bit of sweet with my savory), I'll eat it with chocolate covered raisins (if you have not tried mixing popcorn with chocolate covered raisins, you absolutely should because it's magical).

I'm personally in the anti-candy corn camp (although I buy it sometimes because my kids like it), and I just don't eat a whole lot of chocolate bars (I prefer to get my chocolate in the form of a delicious baked good like cake or cheesecake when I'm craving chocolate at all). But I don't really snack a whole lot while I'm reading in the first place, except for the occasionally (read: almost nightly) midnight snack that I enjoy indulging in. But that's one snack at midnight and then I read for another three hours without putting anything else but water or pop in my mouth.

What about you? What is your favorite thing to snack on while reading (from this list or not, I don't care.) - Katie

*If you're stopping by from the link-up, please be sure to leave a link to your post so I can stop by and check out your answer too.*

Have you joined the 12 Books of Christmas Challenge yet? Find out more details and sign up here!

13 comments:

  1. YUM! Such a great pick. I'm also not a fan of candy corn... I usually have once piece when I see it around at a Halloween party, but that just reminds me why I don't buy it on my own. Yuck! hah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a tendency to nibble on a piece from what I buy for my kids, with much the same reaction. It always seems like a good idea at the time, but I'm always disappointed. :)

      Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  2. I've mixed M&Ms with popcorn and am a big fan of that but I've never thought to mix chocolate covered raisins in. I think I'm missing out! I can eat about 5 pieces of candy corn before the sweetness makes me stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet M&Ms would be good mixed with popcorn too, but I prefer raisins because they're soft. :) Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  3. I never snack when reading since I read in bed before sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good reason to not snack while reading. Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  4. I literally mentioned chocolate covered raisins in my post too!! So funny!! Great minds think alike!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, great minds, because I have one of those. And I hope J. Hooligan of Platypire Reviews sees this. :) - Katie

      Delete
  5. I'd go more for salty than sweet unless it's kettle corn and then I get the best of both worlds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gotta' be good kettle corn though (and I haven't found any of that in the past 7 years in Germany because Germans like things a bit less sweet than Americans.)

      Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  6. I enjoy eating popcorn myself, especially cheddar cheese popcorn!

    Here’s my Book Blogger Hop!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually go for the extra buttery microwave stuff...or if I make it on the stove, I like to sprinkle it with Lawry's seasoning salt. It's kind of amazing that way.

      Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  7. I am the opposite, I don't like popcorn or raisins! I do love chocolate though and I like candy corn in the fall. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete