Thursday, November 19, 2015

#BookBlogWriMo - Day 14 - What Role do Books Play in my Life

This topic makes me giggle. I've discussed in previous posts during BookBlogWriMo how books are pretty much my whole life (outside of my husband and children of course.) I'm a freelance proofreader and a blogger in addition to being a stay at home mom, so books are even the only way I contribute to our household finances (and that's usually just paying for the food when we order out because I don't want to cook because I'm reading.) The only social activity that I willingly engage in outside of my home is my monthly book club meetings.

I grew up reading books. I got in trouble in school more than once because of books (and how does that even make sense?) I read books on road trips (thank goodness I don't get carsick). And I have to fight the urge to pull out my phone to read when I'm in social settings where I don't really know anyone so I'm not really engaged in being social.

In short books = my life.

What role do books play in your life? - Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment