Wednesday, November 11, 2015

#BookBlogWriMo - Day 5 - #ThrowBackThursday - Favorite Childhood Books

Looking back, I was really into book series when I was younger, but I don't think that's necessarily strange because there are still a lot of different series' coming out today. I wonder if the appeal of series', particularly for young readers, is that you start to feel like you're really friends with the characters in the book. It's certainly possible. So what were my favorite books as a child? Well I'll tell you.

Photo Credit: Goodreads
Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein
Falling Up by Shel Silverstein
Everything on It by Shel Silverstein
A Girl of the Limberlost by Gene Stratton-Porter
Matilda by Roald Dahl
Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink
Misty of Chincoteague by Marguerite Henry
Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
The Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
A Girl from Yamhill by Beverly Cleary
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll
Photo Credit: Goodreads

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones by Alvin Schwartz
The Saddle Club Series by Bonnie Bryant
Sideways Stories from Wayside School by Louis Sachar
Wayside School Gets a Little Stranger by Louis Sachar
Wayside School is Falling Down by Louis Sachar
Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
The Giver by Lois Lowry
Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell
The Devil's Arithmetic by Jane Yolen
The Face on the Milk Carton by Caroline B. Cooney
I Know What You Did Last Summer by Lois Duncan
Baby-Sitter's Little Sister Series by Ann M. Martin
Photo Credit: Goodreads
The Goosebumps Series by R.L. Stein
(Here are my favorites from that series)
The Haunted Mask
Night of the Living Dummy
Monster Blood
Be Careful What you Wish For
Welcome to Dead House
One Day at Horrorland

I really feel like every book that I read as a child was a favorite. I know there were several ghost story type books that I really enjoyed but I can't think of a single title. If I saw a book title that included the word "ghost" in a book order though, I was for sure getting it (my parents allowed me to spend an obscene amount of money on book orders, at least compared to the other kids in my class). I went through some phases (like a horse phase, and a life on the prairie phase), and some of my phases have even led to life-long (so far) loves.

What were some of your favorite books as a child? - Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment