Monday, November 9, 2015

#BookBlogWriMo - Day 2 - Who am I and Why do I Blog


I am The Bookworm, defender of readers everywhere. It is my mission to bring knowledge of good books to those in need. Wherever there is a reader in need of a book, I will be there (in spirit, because my superpower is reading, not flying.) 

For reals though (I'm probably too old, or at the very least not cool enough to say "for reals" but this is my blog and I do what I want here), I'm a stay at home mom to a 6 year old boy and a 4 year old girl living in Germany on the American taxpayers dime (so thanks for that!) We currently homeschool, which takes up a fair sized portion of my day because each of my children insists on absolute quiet while they're working, but neither of them is at an age where they can do their work without my guidance, so that's fun. Beyond homeschooling and housework, the rest of my life basically centers around books. I moonlight as a freelance proofreader (because it's easier to focus on the proofreading when everyone else in the house is asleep), and I'm a blogger. There are books in nearly every single room in my house even though I currently have a library, it is small. I'm fairly certain I am known at both my thrift store and my mail room as "The Book Lady" because I always buy a basket full of books at the thrift store, and get books in the mail on almost a daily basis. It took my husband a few years to accept, but he has finally come to terms with the fact that if he wants me, he's going to have to live with all my books too. 

So that's a little about me, now to discuss why I blog. I believe this was a topic last year as well, and basically I started blogging because Courtney (who I know in real life) wanted to start a blog together. It sounded like fun, but I didn't really want to do it in November because of #NaNoWriMo. My objections were ignored and we started the blog anyway. Why do I still blog? Because I really do enjoy talking about books and I've made some really great friends on the internet because of it. Also, the idea that my opinion is important to someone is pretty amazing. 

And now, not that it's relevant, but if you were a superhero, what would your name be? - Katie 

2 comments:

  1. Ooooooh, I would be 'The human lie tester'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you able to jump to conclusions in a single bound? That seems like a power of a human lie tester :) - Katie

      Delete