Sunday, November 22, 2015

#BookBlogWriMo - Day 18 - Book Wishlist

This post could get really, really, really long, but I'm going to try to avoid that. I have 315 items on my Amazon wish list, and almost all of them are books. So in order to have this post not be excessively long, here is the link to my wish list if you would like to check out all the books I have on it --> http://amzn.to/1MYl5Qm. But because this now feels excessively short for a blog post, I'm also going to highlight some of the books from my wish list.

Photo Credit: Goodreads
Fairy Tale Confessions - I love books that reimagine fairy tales, giving them new life and new depth, and that's exactly what this book is about, so it's on my need to buy list. 

Bulletproof by Maci Bookout - I am a bit of a reality t.v. junkie and I watched 16 and Pregnant religiously when it first came out. I think part of my fascination with the show is that I had my oldest in 2009 when it first aired, so even though I wasn't a teenager when he was born, I was still experiencing some of the same things they were. And Maci was pretty much my favorite of the girls from that first season. 

Pounded by President Bigfoot by Chuck Tingle - There is a part of me that really wants to know how this is even a story. That part isn't interested enough to pay $2.99 for 40 pages right now, but I might be ready to at some point in the future when my TBR list isn't so long or when I just need something truly bizarre to read. Or maybe I'll decide to sign up for KU and binge read them all. It's something that I'm taking into consideration at least. 

Down the Rabbit Hole by Holly Madison - I used to watch The Girls Next Door, and it kind of made me curious about what really goes on in the Playboy mansion. Do I think this book will be 100% factual? Probably not, but it will definitely provide a different look into that world and I'm curious. Also, I love how the title pulls elements from Alice in Wonderland. 

Photo Credit: Goodreads
The Kiss by Michelle Bolanger - This book came on my radar because a couple of my fellow bloggers and friends have read it and recommended it. I personally really want to read it simply because I LOVE this cover. The fact that fellow bloggers who's opinions I tend to agree with on books enjoyed it is icing on the cake. 

A God in Ruins by Kate Atkinson - I loved Life After Life which I read for book club a couple years ago. I loved the approach to story telling and the Groundhog Day-like storyline, and I'd love to read this companion novel. 

Slammed by Colleen Hoover - This book is on my wish list because it's CoHo's first novel, and I had it picked out to read for the Popsugar reading challenge as a popular author's first book. Even though I've come to terms with the fact that I will not be succeeding at that challenge, I do still want to read this book at some point. 

The Bro Code by Barney Stinson - I'm a big How I Met Your Mother fan, and even though I would absolutely hate Barney Stinson as a real person, I love his character on the show (the fact that he's played by Neil Patrick Harris may have something to do with that though). I'm really curious about this book. 

So that's probably enough commentary on my wish list, but seriously, feel free to check it out and see some of the other books that I've got saved for later perusal. And if you're feeling gifty my email address is...Just kidding. 

What are some of the books on your wish list? - Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment