Wednesday, February 1, 2023

*Platypire Read-A-Thon* January Results

 


January is officially over, which means it's officially time for me to update this sucker. I know I'm behind on my planned children's book reviews already. I'd hoped to get caught up on those this past weekend, but just didn't have the energy/motivation while out of town. Spending 15+ hours driving in three days (after being at work for 7 hours on one of them) didn't help. That being said, I'm pretty happy with the progress I've made so far. Without further ado, here is where I stand on things. 

R - Read
NR - Needs Reviewed
C - Currently Reading
T - To be Read

Read
*Titles link to reviews*

R - Hester by Laurie Lico Albanese
R - Where Did Momo's Hair Go by Stephanie Boyer
R - Poop for Breakfast by Sara Levine
R - Little Detectives: Dinosaurs by Karina Dupuis
R - Abuelito by David Corredor Benavides and Nelly Buchet
R - The Stranded by Sarah Daniels
R - This Art is for the Birds by Susan Bednanski
R - Stubbles the Baby Sea Otter by Leslie Van John
R - Mom's Hugs and Kisses by Christophe Loupy
R - Polly's Special Day by Yulinda Blake Cook
R - Sneak Peek: Queen of Myth and Monsters by Scarlett St. Clair
R - Sneak Peek: Nobody's Princess by Erica Ridley
R - City of Nightmares by Rebecca Schaeffer
R - Why We Need Teachers by Gregory E. Lang
R - Blue Badger and the Beautiful Berry by Huw Lewis Jones
R - How to Catch a Garden Fairy by Alice Walstead
R - Reina Explores the Zoo by Sheila C. Duperrier
R - Sneak Peek: Liar City by Allie Therin
R - Beware the Blue Bagoo by Karl Newson
R - Are You a Monster? by Guilherme Karsten
R - Riven by Mindee Arnett
R - Dark Cloud by Anna Lazowski
R - Dear Street by Lindsay Zier-Vogel
*R - In Her Highlander's Bed by Lynsay Sands*
R - Not Your Ex's Hexes by April Asher
R - Jeremy's Big Role by Matthew Silvestri
R - A Smile in Your Pocket by Jarrod Zayas
R - A Not So Lonely Day by Deborah November
R - Good Night Body by Britney Winn Lee
R - Blurry: The Epic Hunt for Bigfoot by Kahi Aspelund
R - Sally's Big Day by Andrew Larsen
R - Spring Fun by Anita Bijsterbosch
R - Sneak Peek: Out of the Blue by Alison Bliss

Needs Reviewed

NR - Christmas in London by Anita Hughes
NR - The Shadow of Perseus by Claire Heywood
NR - The Island by Natasha Preston
NR - My Name's Yours, What's Alaska? by Alaska Thunderfuck

Currently Reading

C - The People We Hate at the Wedding by Grant Ginder
C - The Women of Chateau Lafayette by Stephanie Dray
C - The Christmas Keeper by Jenn McKinlay
C - Hitler's Aristocrats by Susan Ronald
C - Russia's War on Everybody by Keir Giles
C - Mr. & Mrs. Witch by Gwenda Bond
C - Sufficiently Advanced Magic by Andrew Rowe

To be Read

T - Bread Machine Baking for Beginners by Beth Hensperger
T - Granny Left Me a Rocket Ship by Heather Smith
T - The Only Astronaut by Mahak Jain
T - The Shape of You by Muon Thi Van
T - What if I'm Not a Cat by Kari-Lynn Winters
T - Why Are We Afraid by Fran Pintadera
T - The Block Party by Jamie Day
T - Would You Rather: Easter Edition by Lindsey Daly
T - Goodbye, Balloon by Adam Ciccio
T - A Picture Day to Remember by Natalia Paruzel-Gibson
T - The Old Man Eating Alone by Howard Pearlstein
T - Mula and the Snooty Monkey by Lauren Hoffmeier
T - Play with Jay by Pascale Bonenfant
T - Hot Dutch Daydream by Kristy Boyce
T - The Cherished by Patricia Ward


I'm currently six books behind on my reading one kid's book a day goal, but that's something I can absolutely get caught up on fairly quickly if I just sit down and do it (which means I need supper to be done when I get home from work so I'm not spending an hour at the end of my day cooking, and then another 20 minutes doing dishes). I am going to focus on getting caught up there before I worry about my February Platypire Read-a-thon post. 

In spite of being behind on my kid's book reading, I made some great progress on my list this month. Way better progress than I ever made when I was doing this before, so I just need to keep up this momentum. I also need to work on shaming at least Joood-Hooligan into doing this again. It would be really weird if none of the Platypire's participated and I do, right? - Katie 

1 comment:

  1. You’re doing amazing! That’s a lot of books read and in progress.

    ReplyDelete