Friday, February 10, 2023

*Book Blogger Hop* Romance? Yay or Nay? (Feb 10)



We are on to a new week for the Book Blogger Hop hosted by the lovely folks over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. This weeks questions is: 

Do you enjoy reading romance novels? If so, which romance trope is your favorite? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

I do occasionally enjoy reading romance novels, especially at Christmas time, so I guess my favorite trope is holiday romance (is that a trope) and those tend towards being either second chance romance or enemies to lovers, at least in my experience. Otherwise you're looking at stranded with a stranger because that's another popular one. Beyond that, I don't have any tropes that I really find myself gravitating towards. 

Do you read romance and have a favorite trope? If you're stopping by from the link up, please be sure to leave a link to your post below so I can stop by and check out your answer too. - Katie 

9 comments:

  1. The holiday setting romances are usually fun and light reading, so I agree with you there. Except the fake dating trope comes up around the holiday settings and I don't care for that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've encountered many of the fake dating storylines in books, but it is common in the movies I watch around Christmas too. Good call. Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  2. I enjoy holiday romances too. Second chance romances are among my favorite. That and friends to lovers and fake relationships. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friends to lovers is a good one, and a bit more common in holiday romances too now that I think about it. Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  3. I really don’t read romance that often, but when I do I like the young adult genre. “Bullies to romance” or high school drama. Lol, I know, it sounds like an ole lady trying to go back in time, hmm… 🤣 Have a beautiful Saturday Katie 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, if I'm reading contemporary romance, I prefer it to be YA. I find a lot of romance problems would be solved by simply talking to the other party, and I find the lack of communication less annoying when it's teenagers because they are literal kids. I feel like YA romance is less likely to shy away from tough topics too though. Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
    2. I agree with you - good communication is a big one for me!

      Delete
  4. I think holiday romance can be a troupe. I prefer books that have romance in them, but I am not necessarily a straight up romance girl. I have started LOVING Romcoms though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Second Chance is a favourite of mine as well - especially if combined with a friends to lovers and/or or grumpy vs sunshine

    ReplyDelete