Tuesday, October 1, 2024

*Platypire Read-A-Thon* September Results



September is over which means I owe you an update for my read-a-thon list. Because I'm also super behind on writing and posting book reviews and I need some sort of motivation to get them done, I will also be including those in my results posts for the month, whether they were for books read that month or not. I've also decided to include where I'm at in the books that I'm currently reading, so you can see how and when I make progress on the books that are sitting there forever. So let's get into it. 

Reviewed
Read
Currently Reading
To Be Read

Reviewed
A Good Day for Chardonnay by Darynda Jones
Ninja Kitties Save the Castle by Kayomi Harai and Rob Hudnut
The Merciless Ones by Namina Forna
Posey's Problem by Kathy Simmers
What Became of Magic by Paige Crutcher
A Penguin Like Me by Marcus Pfister
Hotel 21 by Senta Rich
Who Haunts You by Mark Wheaton
The Merciless by Danielle Vega
I Love Myself by Wai Mei Wong
The Late Americans by Brandon Taylor
This Delicious Death by Kayla Cottingham

Read
A Most Agreeable Murder by Julia Seals (August '24)
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr (August '24)
It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
SuperMagda by Adrian Siska
First Lie Wins by Ashley Elston (September '24)
The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren (September '24)
Love and Other Cages by Emilia Ares (September '24)
Go As a River by Shelley Read (September '24)
The Auction by Maggie Cole (September '24)
Westfallen by Ann and Ben Brashares (September '24)
The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman

Currently Reading

The Big Sugar by Mary Logue (August '24) 1%
The Princess Bride by William Goldman (August '24) pg 7
Lizzie by Edward Rand (August '24) 18%
Stamped from the Beginning by Ibram X. Kendi (August '24) pg 208
Chain Gang All Stars by Nana Kwame Adjei-Brenyah (August '24) 22%
Hitler's Aristocrats by Susan Ronald (August '24) 37%
A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara (August '24) pg 56
Scarlet City by Rebekah Haas (August '24) pg 21
The Rose Code by Kate Quinn (August '24) Chapter 17
Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthony Doerr (August '24) 17%
Credence by Penelope Douglas (August '24) 1%
You Like it Darker by Stephen King (August '24) 5%
Darling Girls by Sally Hepworth (August '24) 5%
Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin (August '24) pg 171
10 Things that Never Happened by Alexis Hall (August '24) 53%
By Any Other Name by Jodi Picoult (August '24) 6%
Dune by Frank Herbert (September '24) pg 13
The Hollow Places by T. Kingfisher (September '24) 7%
Anxious People by Fredrik Backman (September '24) pg 76
Wished by Sarah Read (September '24) 26%
A Sea of Unfortunate Souls by Jay R. Wolf (September '24) pg 10

To Be Read

The Heaven and Earth Grocery Store by James McBride (September '24)
Songlight by Moira Buffini (September '24)
The Stone Witch of Florence by Anna Rasche (September '24)
Crow Moon by Suzy Aspley (September '24)
When We Flew Away by Alice Hoffman (September '24)
The False Pawn by A.E. Asavi (September '24)
Camp Lanier by Sylvester Barzey (September '24)
Nightbirds by Kate J. Armstrong (September '24)
The Thirteenth Child by Erin A. Craig (September '24)
Sunderworld, Vol. 1 by Ranson Riggs (September '24)

I was hoping to finish 20 books, and only managed to finish 11, but they were all from my list with the exception of The Thursday Murder Club which only got added because I found a new book club to join, so I had to read it. And I only started reading one book that wasn't originally on the list. Beyond that, I posted more reviews on the blog than books I read, so that's making a dent in reviews I need to write too. Was it a big dent, no, but it's still progress, and that's a win. And I'm getting this post made on the first of the month, so like I'm on top of things over here right now. With luck, I can keep this up for the next few months and just get all caught up on all the things (except the TBR list of course because that's legitimately a lost cause already). Wish me luck. - Katie 

Join the 12 Books of Christmas Challenge Here

No comments:

Post a Comment