Friday, October 4, 2024

*Book Blogger Hop* Books I Find Creepy (Oct. 4)



We are on to a new week for the Book Blogger Hop hosted by the lovely folks over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. This weeks questions is: 

Are there any books that you find particularly creepy or unpleasant, even if they aren't horror novels? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

This is a tough one for me, because I've always been a big fan of horror novels and ghost stories, since I was a kid. Like I grew up reading Goosebumps and literally any book in the Scholastic book orders that included the word ghost. Now I go to bed watching horror series on Netflix, like that's what puts me to sleep. Off the top of my head, I honestly can't think of a book, let alone multiple books, that gave me the creeps. And since I'm assuming the "unpleasant" is being used in a WTF just happened kind of way, I don't really have anything that comes to mind for that either. If anything, it would probably be true crime, but I haven't read any of that in years, so I honestly can't remember any of the ones I have read. 

So my short answer to the question is no. What about you? Any books you find really creepy? Or maybe some true crime books I should check out (if those are your thing like horror is mine)? 

If you're stopping by from the linkup, please be sure to drop a link to your post below so I can stop by and check out your post. - Katie 

Join the 12 Books of Christmas Challenge Here

3 comments:

  1. There are some nonfiction books I have read that are creepy. Books like How to Make a Serial Killer and The Devil and Karl Marx.

    https://snapdragonalcoveblog.wordpress.com/2024/10/04/creepy-unpleasant-books-that-are-not-horror/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not read any true crime. I prefer the fake stuff 🤣 I try to avoid horror as I prefer to sleep 🤣 Gothic Fiction is as scary as I get and to be honest even that gave me nightmares!

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/10/04/book-blogger-hop-creepy-and-unpleasant-books/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not big on the "visual" horror stuff myself. Watching the early seasons of Supernatural is about all I can handle and the Bloody Mary episode still gives me chills and I don't like watching that one at night! Lol. I'm a chicken with "visual" horror, but I do love a good creepy novel. Ones that almost make you question your own sanity and such, like did you just hear something? Are you ignoring something you should already be running from?

    Thanks for visiting my BBH!

    ReplyDelete