Friday, October 11, 2024

*Book Blogger Hop* Books/Authors I Turn to in October (Oct 11)



We are on to a new week for the Book Blogger Hop hosted by the lovely folks over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. This weeks questions is: 

Do you have a favorite book or author you turn to every October to celebrate Halloween? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

This is another prompt where my current answer is really just a simple no. But I hate giving short answers to these prompts, so I'm going to elaborate. I'm such a mood reader, and while Halloween makes me want to read spooky stuff, there are a lot of authors that write that, so I don't see a whole lot of repeats at a specific time of each year. Also, it's only been in the last couple years that I've started having the time to just read for fun (because proofreading really took over a lot of my time while I was doing that towards the end). But I've recently found a couple authors that are not only likely to have new releases around October, but they're also YA thriller authors and I love YA thrillers, especially around Halloween, and I could see myself reading them every year. So I will definitely be keeping me eye out for new books from Joelle Wellington and Natasha Preston (I have a backlog of Preston's books to read right now, but I'm all caught up on Wellington's novels) in the future for my spooky season reading. 

What about you? Are there any books or authors that you just find yourself reading every October to get in the mood for Halloween? Any other YA thriller authors I should be checking out? 

If you're stopping by from the linkup, please be sure to drop a link to your post below so I can be sure to stop by and check out your answer too. - Katie 

Join the 12 Books of Christmas Challenge Here

4 comments:

  1. I spend some quality time with Edgar Allan Poe this time of year.

    Here's my post for the link up.
    https://getlostinlit.blogspot.com/2024/10/poe.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had my way, I would be reading spooky books too! I love spooky YA too! YA thrillers just get that right kind of vibe for me! Natasha Preston is one I have in my TBR. I actually have the perfect book of hers for October but alas, my Stephanie Garber re-read-a-thon is preventing that. Maybe I can squeeze it in that last week of October before getting back to my regularly schedule program! Lol. While Stephanie's covers are a bit "darker" in color, they really aren't too spooky. At least not from my point of view. They're fantasy reads and while there is a certain sense of danger, I don't really liken it to "spooky" if that makes sense. Although in Finale, I am reminded of a group of characters who are not friendly and are not entirely human, but I guess they just didn't scream "scary" at me to really get that spooky vibe. But I am enjoying them again, so it's all good! Lol.

    Thanks for visiting my BBH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently catching up on Christmas Netgalley books. I do like to read seasonally but it doesn't always happen 🤣

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/10/11/book-blogger-hop-books-i-like-to-read-at-halloween/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a fav Halloween author but I do love psych thrillers that will make things scary! Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete