Saturday, October 26, 2024

*Book Blogger Hop* My Favorite Horror Themed Book (Oct. 25)



We are on to a new week for the Book Blogger Hop hosted by the lovely folks over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. This weeks questions is: 

Which horror-themed book or novel is your all-time favorite? Which one made you shiver or made you feel like it was Halloween? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

So as I said last week, horror is my favorite genre. I realize you wouldn't get that from looking at my reviews here on the blog because I haven't been reading a whole lot of it lately, but for me horror is where it's at. That means that my prepared answer when people ask "What's your favorite book" is a horror novel. And even though Stephen King's It is the book I claim to be my favorite (and therefore also my favorite horror-themed) book, I find that answer trite and not entirely accurate because I've read other really great horror novels (many of them also by King if we're being honest). Lately I've been really into YA thrillers to get me in the Halloween mood, for instance. I absolutely loved The Haunting by Natasha Preston and The Blonde Dies First by Joelle Wellington had great classic slasher vibes. And I think I'd really love The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson if I ever made the time to read it because I always enjoy the movies and shows that use it as their starting point. 

What about you? What is your favorite horror-themed book that I should check out? 

If you're stopping by from the linkup, please be sure to drop a link to your post below so I can be sure to pay you a visit to see your full answer. - Katie 

Join the 12 Books of Christmas Challenge Here

4 comments:

  1. The Haunting of Hill House is on my to-read list too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know why I keep not reading it other than other books pique my interest before I get to it. Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  2. The Haunting and The Haunting at Hill House are both on my TBR! Hopefully I'll get around to reading them someday - the list is loooooong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't read horror books. I am wondering what the ones you mentioned are about though. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete