Thursday, January 14, 2016

*Review* I Love You Already by Jory John and Benji Davies


Genre: Children's Illustrated
Published: December 22, 2015
Pages: 32
Ages: 4-8

Synopsis

From the creators of Goodnight Already!, Jory John and Benji Davies, comes another standout hilarious picture book about Bear and Duck. Bear can't wait to spend a pleasant day by himself. His persistent next-door neighbor, Duck, wants to take a morning stroll . . . with Bear. He just wants Bear to like him already. . . .


Review

I received a copy of this book through the Goodreads First Reads giveaway program in the hopes that I would leave an honest review.

I probably read way more into this story than what was intended, but to me it's ultimately the story of an introvert and an extrovert who are neighbors and friends, although only the introvert feels sure of their friendship. This makes the extrovert try harder to get the introvert to like him, which almost has the opposite of the desired effect. As a deep moral lesson, this book teaches introverts to be a little more forthcoming with their feelings. But it can also teach extroverts that just because someone wants to be alone sometimes doesn't mean they don't like you. 

Deep analysis aside, this is a cute story about a bear who wants to hibernate with a good book (I can totally relate to that) and a duck that wants to take his good buddy for a stroll by the lake. 

I liked how different font styles were used for Duck and for Bear. It made it easy for my son (6) and I to read it together alternating parts. His assessment is that this was a good book and all of it was his favorite part. 

Overall I give it 5 out of 5 stars. - Katie 

Buy the Book



No comments:

Post a Comment