Friday, January 1, 2016

*Platypire Read-A-Thon* December Results

Photo Courtesy of Platypire Maribel
2015 is over (naturally I'm late getting this post created because that's how I roll) which means it's time for my last Platypire Read-A-Thon results post of the year. I feel like I didn't get many books read in December, it was kind of a busy month for everything else in real life, but let's see how I did, shall we?

X - Read
R - Currently Reading
+ - To Be read

Read

X - Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert*
Read my review here.

X - Secret Sisters by Jayne Ann Krentz
Read my review here.

X - Outcast Vol. 2: A Vast and Unending Ruin by Robert Kirkman
Read my review here.

X - Misconduct by Penelope Douglas
Read my review here.

X - The Truth Beyond the Sky by Andrew M. Crusoe
Read my review here.

X - Life and Other Near-Death Experiences by Camille Pagan
Read my review here.

X - Cinderella Borscht Belt by Jeanette Ronson
Read my review here.

X - Dead Fire (Slow Burn #4) by Bobby Adair
Read my review here.

X - A Curious Beginning by Deanna Rayburn
Review will be posted soon.

X - Vengeance by D.M. Earl
Review will be posted soon.

X - I Love You Beth Cooper by Larry Doyle
Review will be posted soon.

Short Stories
X - Little Tchotchkes by Nicki Scalise
X - Pale and Crimson by Kayti Nika Raet
X - Little Bad Wolf and Red Riding Hood by Timothy Tocher
X - Blood Magic by Domino Finn
X - The Bell Tower Suite by James Field
Read these reviews here.

X - The Time Being by Antonia Honeywell
X - The Trash Collector by Monica Shaughnessy
X - Into the Highlander's World by Samantha Leal
X - The Hospital by Keith C. Blackmore
Read these reviews here.

*Denotes book review posted in December for a book read in a previous month.

Currently Reading

R - The Rewriting of America's History by Catherine Millard
R - Sector 64: Ambush by Dean M. Cole
R - Sweetwater: The Kihn by Rivi Jacks
R - The Voyage by Tammie Painter
R - The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
R - Worthy by Catherine Ryan Hyde
R - Give Me Your Answer True by Suanne Laqueur
R - Black Earth: The Holocaust as History and Warning by Timothy Snyder
R - The Road Home by Kathleen Shoop
R - Buffalo Trail by Jeff Guinn
R - Troll by Ashley C. Harris
R - Christine by Stephen King
R - Human: A Shadow Empires Book by S.M. Carriere
R -  The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild
R - The Sanctum of Souls by R.K. Pavia
R - Alistair Grim's Odd Aquaticum by Greg Funaro
R - The Forgotten Room by Karen White, Beatriz Williams, and Lauren Willig
R - The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
R - The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
R - The Gift of a Charm by Melissa Hill
R - Torrent (Slow Burn #5) by Bobby Adair
R - Far From Safe by Jillian Ashe*

*Denotes Goodreads link

To Be Read

+ - The &Now Awards Volume 3 by Various Authors
+ - Shadows of the Unseen by Christine Steendam
+ - Drawing Heat by S.L. Dearing
+ - Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
+ - PrairyErth by William Least Heat-Moon
+ - House of Holes by Nicholson Baker
+ - Pieces by Maria Kostaki
+ - Summer Secrets by Jane Green
+ - Forgiveness by Chiquis Rivera
+ - The Summer After You and Me by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
+ - The Prophets of Eternal Fjord by Kim Leine
+ - Making Pretty by Corey Ann Haydu
+ - The Underwriting by Michelle Miller
+ - The Biology of Luck by Jacob M. Appel
+ - Omega City by Diana Peterfreund
+ - American Warlord by Johnny Dwyer
+ - When the Moon is Low by Nadia Hashimi
+ - Bell Weather by Dennis Mahoney
+ - Deadly Design by Debra Dockter
+ - Unprocessed by Megan Kimble
+ - The Watchmaker of Filigree Street by Natasha Pulley
+ - The Sparks by Kyle Prue
+ - Take by Silvia Ami
+ - The Never-ending Story by Michael Ende
+ - Devil's Garden by Lance Tuck
+ - The Rumor by Elin Hildebrand
+ - It's You by Jane Porter
+ - Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid
+ - Beautiful Girl by Fleur Philips
+ - The Witch of Bourbon Street by Suzanne Palmieri
+ - Killing Katie by B.A. Spangler
+ - A Hanging at Cinder Bottom by Glenn Taylor
+ - The Pianist by Wladyslaw Szpilman
+ - Schindler's List by Thomas Keneally
+ - The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella by Stephenie Meyer
+ - Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead by Tom Stoppard
+ - Dracula is a Racist: A Totally Factual Guide to Vampires by Matt Melvin
+ - Steele Mackaye Investigations: The Tarot Problem by Barry H. Wiley
+ - The Age of Amy: Behind the Fun Zone by Bruce Edwards
+ - Jezebel: Defeating your #1 Spiritual Enemy by Bob Larson
+ - Fear Itself by Duffy Prendergast
+ - Anyone? by Angela Scott
+ - Silent Creed by Alex Kava
+ - The Sisters of Versailles by Sally Christie
+ - This is Where it Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
+ - In the Dark by Chris Patchell
+ - Need by Joelle Charbonneau
+ - Gods of Anthem by Logan Keys
+ - Second Chances by Sarah Price
+ - A Bridge to Cross by Edward R. Hackemer
+ - The Fifth House of the Heart by Ben Tripp
+ - Diary of a Single Wedding Planner by Violet Howe
+ - The Curse of Crow Hollow by Bill Coffey
+ - Family Grandstand by Carol Ryrie Brink
+ - The Saturday Night School of Beauty by Marsha Mehran
+ - The Boss Killers by Keith Gillison
+ - Our Brothers at the Bottom of the Bottom of the Sea by Jonathan David Kranz
+ - The Phantom of the Earth (Omnibus Edition) by Raedan Zen
+ - Wynn in Doubt by Emily Hemmer
+ - Bloodlines by Lynn Lipinski
+ - High School Horror: Teen Frankenstein by Chandler Baker
+ - The Devil's Engine: Hellraisers by Alexander Gordon Smith
+ - Seaside by Wylde Scott
+ - Lydia's Enchanted Toffee by Neale Osborne
+ - Welcome to Monstrovia by Mark Newhouse
+ - Corr Syl the Warrior by Garry Rogers
+ - Christmas at the Vicarage by Rebecca Boxall
+ - Monsterland by Michael Phillip Cash


So, thanks to the short stories that I read this month in order to complete my Goodreads reading challenge (because short stories count), it looks like I did get quite a few books read this month. I did make an okay dent in my list, sort of, except that most of those books weren't even on my list to begin with. And I added several books to my currently reading shelf (two of them because I have to read them in January and I can't start any new books until I get my currently reading shelf down to only five books). I guess in the new year I should resolve to do a better job at sticking to my lists :) - Katie



2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of books to read... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I'm hoping to at least finish 2015's books in 2016 :) I'm also hoping to be a bit more reasonable with the number of new books I add each month. - Katie

      Delete