Tuesday, November 25, 2014

#BookBlogWriMo - Day 25 - How do I deal with Book Hangovers

Book hang-o-ver (hang-oh-ver)

noun
1. The inability to start a new book because you are still living in the old book's world
2. The inability to function at work/school because you were up all night binge-reading















Another short post. I don't. I don't have to. I don't get book hangovers, and like reading nooks, I don't really understand them. I have no problem switching between books while I'm in the middle of them, and I've never had a problem getting into a new book after finishing one. The closest I get to experiencing a book hangover is an inability to function because I was up late binge-reading, except I'm a natural night owl and suffer from insomnia, even when reading doesn't keep me awake. I also frequently have really crazy busy dreams that keep my sleep from actually being restful, so I wake up tired every morning, the books have nothing to do with it. The best answer I can give to this question is I drink a can of Dr. Pepper, or I make myself a Soda Stream Cola if we have no DP in the house to get some caffeine in me to wake me up a little. That's about it though. That is my lame answer in a nutshell. What do you do to get over a book hangover? - Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment