Saturday, April 15, 2023

*Book Blogger Hop* 14 April 2023



We are on to a new week for the Book Blogger Hop hosted by the lovely folks over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. This weeks questions is: 

What is your go-to website to check out book reviews? (submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)

I don't personally usually read book reviews before choosing to read a book. I much prefer to judge them by their covers and decide if I wanna read it that way than trying to figure out if other people thought it was good (and we ALL know how reliable judging books by their covers can be. LOL). That doesn't mean that I don't occasionally read other blogger's reviews though, because I do want to support my fellow bloggers even if the things they say aren't likely to influence my decisions on books. Some of my favorite blogs to read reviews on are Celebrity Readers and Platypire Reviews. I also really like Caroline Andrus - Author. She posts a lot of reviews on her blog. I keep meaning to check out reviews on the blogs that I visit for memes, but have yet to follow through on that, but one day it'll happen, probably. 

What about you? Do you have a favorite place to look for book reviews? Is it my blog? It's okay you can admit I'm your favorite, I won't tell anyone. LOL. If you're stopping by from the linkup, please be sure to drop a link to your post below so I can repay your visit. - Katie 

6 comments:

  1. I always check out reviews especially if I'm not sure if I'm going to enjoy a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I accepted your request on Storygraph. Thanks for the request! While Storygraph is my main go-to for reviews, I do like to read blog reviews, too. Hope you're having a great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I've gone in a pattern. Before the days of blogging, I relied on gut instinct to pick up a book. Then I discovered blogging and fell in love with the book community. Over the years I saw people come and go. Life happens and families develop and people move on and that's okay. I try to clean up my following list based on blogs who haven't posted in a few years. Occasionally I get surprised when one returns. I can't even remember how I discovered certain blogs. I think part of it might have come through one blog who would host a weekly meme to spotlight a blog! I would follow those who shared common reading interests and a following was developed between us.

    But alas, things change and people move with other things and that's okay too! I have such a huge TBR pile, that finding new books to read is not an issue. I actually have to stop and really really think about adding another to my plate! Lol.


    Thanks for visiting my BBH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recently I been making it a commitment to comment on other blogs more. I have pick up books because of a review I read on a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I rely on what other bloggers tell me about books to pick what I want to read. If I don't take to a book, however, I quickly give up on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same, I don't find other peoples opinions swaying me away from a book, and if the synopsis of a book doesn't get me interested, then I'm unlikly to look at the reviews of the book. Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete