Tuesday, September 26, 2017

*Top Ten Tuesday* Books that Feature Katies Who Die *Spoilers*


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Joood - Hooligan of Platypire reviews bossed me into doing this, so I guess this is a thing I do now. 

This weeks theme is books that feature characters______. So you may not know this about me, but I strive to get people to write me into their books to kill me off (because it's easier to become a dead body than a main character). I have have some measure of success with this because I'm super persuasive (aka, I will annoy the fuck out of you until you want to kill me off a thousand times over).

So here is a list of books where Katie (or some variation of my name like Katherine, Katerina etc. if it was more fitting for the character) dies. And yes, this is spoilers (obviously), but she's usually a pretty minor character, so there's that.

1: Squirrel Bait by C.P. Davis - I'm fairly certain that Mr. Davis is upset with me because I still haven't read this book even after he wrote me into it and killed me off. I've tried suggesting to him that killing me again could relieve that anger, but he's resistant at this point.

2: The Golem of Solomon's Way by Jon Messenger - I haven't read this book either, but in my defense on this one, it's the third book in the series and I haven't had time to read the first two. I did get to read a brief excerpt with my character, but not my death, so I'm not sure how I die. One day I will find the time to read this series though.

3: Destiny's Wings by D.S. Schmeckpeper - This book I've read and I know exactly how I die, but I'm not telling you. I will tell you that the book is fantasy if that helps you figure it out (it probably doesn't though).

4: Destiny's Flame by D.S. Schmeckpeper - This is the second book in a series and I die in it too (I'm supposed to be dying in the third book as well, but the author has taken a break from this series to work on another project). I found my death in this book much more fun than the first.

5: A Thousand Rooms by Helen Jones - I haven't read this book yet either, but I requested it on Netgalley specifically because the synopsis clearly states that Katie is dead. Even though that Katie wasn't based on me exactly, it's still a dead Katie.

6: Vintage Volume One by Lisa Suzanne - I've read this book, but I've read so many of Lisa Suzanne's books that I couldn't remember exactly which one my death was featured in (I'm trying to get her to kill me off again in another series. I'll wear her down eventually) so I had to ask. She says my death was pretty brutal, so if you'd like to see me brutally killed, this is the book for you to read.

7: Midnight Moonrising by K.S. Haigwood and Anne Conley - Even though I've read this book, I don't remember exactly how I die. The book does feature vampires and werewolves though, so I'm pretty sure I was killed by one of them.

8: Peace in Flames by Caroline Andrus - This book is currently in the editing process and is not yet listed on Goodreads even. But I'm friends with the author so I've gotten to read about my death. It hits a bit close to home without being at all like an event from my past that almost actually killed me.

Alright, so it's not ten books, and one of them wasn't using me specifically as the name inspiration, but this is still quite an accomplishment if you ask me. I mean really, can you think of anyone else who has been intentionally killed off in seven books? - Katie

*If you are stopping by from the link-up, please be sure to leave a link to your post so I can see your take on this topic.* 
SaveSave

20 comments:

  1. How fun. I enjoyed your post and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are easily bossed around, can I snap my poorly manicured fingers and have you do my reviews, I'm in need of a spa day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may want to rethink that request, because I have no qualms about writing reviews for others for books I've never read...it just doesn't always work out so well for them. Just check out my Joood's Reviews (which I haven't done in a while.) - Katie

      Delete
  3. Interesting topic! I need to check these books out!

    Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, especially if you like paranormal/fantasy type stories as most of them fall into those categories. - Katie

      Delete
  4. This seriously cracks me up. You must be a hoot in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun post! Haven't heard of many of the books mentioned, but many sounded really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like fantasy or paranormal, most of them fall into those categories. Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  6. What an awesome topic idea! So funny. Thank you for making me laugh. I needed it after the day I've had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope your day got better, or at least that today is better for you. Glad I could make you laugh. - Katie

      Delete
  7. This is an interesting idea. I haven't read any of those books, and the only other one that comes to mind is Wuthering Heights, though the main character is "Catherine" not a Katie/Katherine.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I have not read Wuthering Heights (it's been on my TBR for years, but I've not gotten around to it). As much as Catherine is very much clearly the incorrect spelling (LOL), I would still count it because the name is still essentially the same. - Katie

      Delete
  8. What a CUTE way to take this topic Katie! I haven't read a one of these but I had fun reading about them nevertheless ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  9. BWAHAHAHAHA!
    I'm honored that my book made the list, even though it won't be released until Feb 2018!
    Just so you know, it's a short quick read, so I will be pestering you until you read it. What else are fake internet wives for?

    ReplyDelete