Wednesday, December 31, 2014

I Wish I was a Platypire Reviewer

With all the negativity on Facebook and in the indie world, I thought it would be nice to take a step back from all the drama and talk about something positive. So I will be doing a series of posts (that I have not really put a ton of thought into because this idea just came to me in the shower) about some positive things in the indie community. And I thought I'd start with one of my favorite blogs.

If you don't already follow Platypire Reviews on Facebook, you should. They post a lot of really cool stuff. During banned books week, they posted several awesome articles about banned books. Their reviews are generally fairly brief and to the point, and they are absolutely not afraid to tell it like it is. Also, they rate books with platypires instead of stars. That alone should entice you to follow them.

So why do I wish I was a Platypire Reviewer? I mean I've got a blog to review for already, so what makes them so special? But the Platypires are that group of "kids" that I want to be a part of, the one that I follow around the halls at school just hoping that they'll notice me and include me in their shenanigans. They have their shiz together on their blog. They're organized (and I so am not). And they just seem to have a lot of fun with each other, and I just really want to be invited to the party, even if it means being bossed by Joood Hooligan, the supreme ruler of the Platypires, all the time.

A part of me believes that if I didn't have this blog, they would invite me to join them. This is the same part of me that is sure if I were to ever meet Channing Tatum he would want to have his dirty way with me. And the same part of me that continued to follow the same group of people around school even though they only ever called me when they had absolutely no one else to hang out with. I'm just not quite cool enough. But I will continue to aspire to be like the Platypires. And again, if you don't follow them on Facebook, you should! - Katie

2 comments: