Monday, October 22, 2018

*Review* Light Between Two Dark Places by Ginna Moran


Genre: YA/Paranormal/Psychological Thriller
Published: April 17, 2018
Pages: 336



She thought she knew nothing, but as it turns out, she knew too much. 

After losing the dangerous mind games inflicted on her by the Knezha Family cult, telepath Skye Stone finds herself imprisoned within the cult’s compound. As Skye’s memories shine light on her past, she discovers why she lost her memories. The reason? Luka Landon, her soul mate who’s now under the influence of the Knezha Family. But Skye can’t accept she’s lost Luka and her freedom to those quick to break her, and she’ll do whatever it takes to remember who she is outside of the Knezha Family. 

The more Skye remembers, the more the Knezha Family manipulates her, and resisting Luka proves impossible. To save herself, Skye must use her telepathic power to repair the damage caused by the Knezha Family. If she fails, she risks losing her mind and Luka to them forever.


I was hired to proofread this book. The only aspects of the story that I influenced were the spelling and grammar. If you feel that my connection to the book makes my review untrustworthy, so be it, but this is my honest review. 

I thought things were twisted in the first book, but I was not prepared for the mind fuck I was going to receive in this one. Light Between Two Dark Places introduces us to some new players in the game. These new players changed everything I thought I knew about what was going on, not that I really had a firm grasp on the way things were going in the first place. There are so many aspects of this story that just don't make a whole lot of sense at the moment, and it's very possible that they will never make sense, because ultimately they're not supposed to.

I still really felt like I was in Skye's shoes, not knowing what to believe and what not to believe. I feel sort of like I'm starting to get my feet underneath me and like I might have some control over the situation now though, and that's definitely an improvement over the last story for my emotions.

I'm hoping to get to see the actual resolution of the story soon so that maybe I can have some real, concrete answers. Overall I give Light Between Two Dark Places 4.7683 stars. - Katie 



Ginna Moran is the author of an array of both paranormal and contemporary young adult novels including the Demon Within, Falling into Fame, and Spark of Life series. 

She started writing poetry as a teenager in a spiral notebook that she still has tucked away on her desk today. Her love of writing grew after she graduated high school and she completed her first unpublished manuscript at age eighteen.

When she realized her love of writing was her life’s passion, she studied literature at Mira Costa College in Northern San Diego. Besides writing young adult novels, she was senior editor, content manager, and image coordinator for Crescent House Publishing Inc. for four years.

Aside from Ginna’s professional life, she enjoys binge watching television shows, playing pretend with her daughter, and cuddling with her dogs. Some of her favorite things include chocolate, anything that glitters, cheesy jokes, and organizing her bookshelf.

Ginna is currently hard at work on her next novel.


For more info or to sign up, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment