Tuesday, July 3, 2018

*Top Ten Tuesday* Red, White and Blue Book Covers


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Joood - Hooligan of Platypire reviews bossed me into doing this, so I guess this is a thing I do now. 

This weeks theme is red, white, and blue book covers in honor of America's Independence Day, that day when we said a great big "F you" to Britain, but we still super liked the flag and incorporated the colors and some of the symbols into our own. Or maybe we just weren't very creative in our early days, our forefathers spending more time focusing on things like writing the Constitution. Couldn't be bothered to put too much thought into a flag after that.

I joke to hide the fact that I'm not really in a festive mood for the 4th this year. Life happened recently and at the time you're reading this, I will be on my way back to Colorado from Illinois after a long weekend (but otherwise short) trip for a funeral. And I'm heading back to a part of the state where we're likely to not have any fireworks displays because of the fire hazard (it's too dry for us to even use charcoal grills right now, forget setting off literal explosives). But let's see if I can fake some patriotic cheer for just a little bit to come up with some stunning covers for your viewing pleasure.


Lighthouse Beach by Shelley Noble


The Summer Sail by Wendy Francis


The High Tide Club by Mary Kay Andrews


The Burn Rose by W.D. Currie




Home Sweet Maison by Danielle Postel-Vinay


When They Call You a Terrorist by Patrisse Khan-Cullors and asha bandele


Losers Bracket by Christ Crutcher


At Home with the Armadillo by Gary P. Nunn


Cousins Maine Lobster by Jim Tselikis and Sabin Lomac

Look, I did it. I found ten books in my office with covers that incorporate red, white, and blue. It's a rather interesting collection of books if you ask me, with a wide variety of themes, but this is what I was able to come up with in the about twenty minutes I had to build this blog post before I needed to do other things to prepare for our unexpected weekend trip. 

Which of these is your favorite red, white, and blue cover? - Katie 

*If you're stopping by from the linkup, please be sure to leave a link to your post below so I can stop by and check out your covers for this week.*

4 comments:

  1. Peasprout Chen is definitely a favourite! I'm so sorry about the funeral -- I hope you guys had a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just added the last one to my to read list--thanks! What an interesting selection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Summer Sail is a great one, love it! And The Burn Rose is great too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m in Colorado, and there’s a firework ban where I am, but that doesn’t stop my neighbors. They’ve been setting them off all week. Sorry you’ve been having a tough time lately! *Hugs.*

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete