Friday, June 22, 2018

*Book Blogger Hop* 22 June 2018



We are on to a new week for the Book Blogger Hop hosted by the lovely folks over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. This weeks questions is:
For all of you worker bees out there! How do you balance having a day job/career and managing your blog at night? Is it hard or easy to do, and what do people in your work life think of your blogs? (submitted by Danielle @ PoetryBooksYA)
This question doesn't really apply to me, except it also sort of does since I am self-employed (although my job can go hand in hand with the blog and does provide review material), so I'm pretending it does apply to me, full stop.

Honestly, I don't have much balance. I find myself mostly trying to squeeze in time to work on the blog, but when I'm working, that's where my focus is, and I work in the evenings when the rest of my family is in bed so I can concentrate and not have distractions ("Mom, I'm thirsty." "Mom, I'm hungry." "Mom, he's looking at me.") And that's probably why there isn't much balance for me, because I'd be trying to squeeze both things in at the same time and the blogging doesn't earn me any money, so it gets put on the back burner when I have proofreading to do. It's a pretty simple choice for me, so I guess that means it's easy for me to set my priorities, but that doesn't exactly mean doing the blogging and proofreading together is exactly easy.

As far as what the people I work with think about it? I don't know, honestly. I think it would be weird to ask my clients how they feel about me being a blogger, and as long as I don't talk to them about it, the reviews I write about the books that I proofread can't be considered part of the proofreading deal. Those reviews are not part of the expectation, and honestly, they kind of mostly get written just so I will have reviews to post some weeks, since proofreading eats up a lot of my free time.

How would you answer this question? Or does it even apply to you? - Katie

*If you're stopping by from the linkup, please be sure to drop a link to your post below so I can stop by to see your answer.*

3 comments:

  1. My blog gets put on the back burner a lot as well. I really think the key is to keep it fun though! So when life gets a little crazy, I don't mind taking a step back :) Great answer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ultimately, it's a hobby...and sometimes we just don't have time for our hobbies. It is what it is.

      Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  2. Thanks for answering my question. Very interesting answers from my first try!! :)

    ReplyDelete