Sunday, August 11, 2024

*Platypire Read-a-Thon* August 2024

 

I've been really inconsistent with posting my read-a-thon updates, and blogging in general, and I feel like I'm constantly saying I'm going to try to do better and I do for a little bit, but it never lasts. So I'm just asking for a little (lot) of grace here. We will see just how long I can stay consistent with this. And since it has been months since I last posted, I'm starting over from scratch with just the books that I'm currently reading right now (because it's somewhere around 20 books), and the books that I need to read for upcoming book club meetings. Then I will start adding the books I'm getting through Netgalley with next month's list. Sound good? I think that sounds good. Here we go!

Reviewed
Read
Currently Reading
To Be Read

Currently Reading

The Big Sugar by Mary Logue
The Princess Bride by William Goldman
Lizzie by Edward Rand
Stamped from the Beginning by Ibram X. Kendi
Chain Gang All Stars by Nana Kwame Adjei-Brenyah
Hitler's Aristocrats by Susan Ronald
A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
Scarlet City by Rebekah Haas
The Rose Code by Kate Quinn
Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthony Doerr
Credence by Penelope Douglas
You Like it Darker by Stephen King
Darling Girls by Sally Hepworth
Celestial Academy: Essence by Olivia Pharos
By Any Other Name by Jodi Picoult
The Institute by Stephen King

To Be Read

The Only One Left by Riley Sager
All the Colors of the Dark by Chris Whitaker
A Most Agreeable Murder by Julia Seals
Gray After Dark by Noelle West Ihli
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

So that's all the books that are making it onto my list for right now. If you've been here for a while, you know I'm absolutely horrible at sticking to my list, although six of these books are for book club meetings that I have yet to attend (The Institute is being discussed Tuesday!), so they are high priority. I will say I'm not likely to make any progress on Darling Girls as it was a library book through Libby that got yanked back because I forgot I had a time limit on it, so I'm on hold again and several weeks out on that, but once it comes back I'm going to hop right on reading it too. Beyond that, how many of these books do you think I'll manage to read this month? 

Join the 12 Books of Christmas Challenge Here

No comments:

Post a Comment