Tuesday, December 26, 2017

*Top Ten Tuesday* Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2018 (Dec 26)


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Joood - Hooligan of Platypire reviews bossed me into doing this, so I guess this is a thing I do now. 

This weeks theme is books I'm looking forward to in 2018. This list would be much easier for me to build if I wasn't currently sitting in an almost empty house, because I would just take a gander at my recent Goodreads wins to pick out some of the books that have arrived that don't release until 2018. As it is, I don't have that resource handy right now (damn me for not building this list ahead of time) because my 102 boxes of books (as well as the rest of my worldly possessions) are on their way across the Atlantic (possibly on their way to the boat right now, but same basic difference). What this intro should tell you (if you're an author) is that I'm a horrible blogger if you want me to get the word out about your upcoming releases in advance, because I'm absolute shit at that. I'm much more likely to see that a favorite author has a new release a week after release day and then one-click it (and then it will languish on my Kindle for ages).

Anyway, on to the hastily cobbled together list.

The Sky Is Yours by Chandler Klang Smith - This book releases in January and I just might actually have it read by release day because I adore the cover (and it's dystopian so right up my alley.)
Death by Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake by Sarah Graves - I happen to be known for my cheesecake baking skills at my husbands current job. Any potluck event I'm expected to make at least two (and I actually really like making cheesecake so it doesn't completely suck). Because of this, I feel like I already have an affinity for this late January release.
A False Report: A True Story of Rape in America by T. Christian Miller and Ken Armstrong - I don't read a lot of non-fiction and when I do it's typically celebrity memoirs, but this is a topic that I'm very interested in learning more about.
When They Call You a Terrorist: A Black Lives Matter Memoir by Patrisse Khan-Cullors and asha bandele - This is another non-fiction book on a topic that intrigues me. Additionally, it will be helping me with a few of my 2018 reading challenges.
Gods of Howl Mountain by Taylor Brown - I feel it is important to state that a part of the reason I'm excited about this book is that the ARC is printed on the good paper (maybe I'm weird, but there are some books I just love to hold because of the type of paper they are printed on). Since the paper used for printing does inspire a desire to read the book though, it is definitely one for my list.
A Guide for Murdered Children by Sarah Sparrow - This title and the cover have me so intrigued by this book. It is one I simply must read.
Between the Blade and the Heart by Amanda Hocking - This book releases right after the new year, and I actually kept my ARC copy of it with me so that I can read it on my long plane ride across the Atlantic. My Facebook wife has already read it and she says it's pretty amazing so I'm excited to dive in.

So those are some of the books that I'm most looking forward to reading in the new year. Below find some titles and links to a few books that I've worked on that I'm excited will be releasing this coming year (a couple of them have involved quite the wait.)

Living Ghost by Ginna Moran - I recently finished proofreading this novel, and if you enjoy paranormal YA, you should definitely check it out.
Jasmine of Draga by Emma Dean - I'm working on proofreading this novel right now. It's perfect for the person who enjoys erotica and science fiction (and strong dominant women).
ISAN by Mary Ting - I first proofread this book over a year ago and have been anxiously awaiting it's release. It's a solid dystopian with lots of action, and I'm thrilled that it's finally going to be available to the public.
Realm by Alexandrea Weis - This book doesn't release until July and it's not even available for preorder yet, but I first proofread it like two years ago, and it is hands down my favorite Alexandrea Weis book. It's historical fiction (so pretty different from most of her books) and it's just high time this book was released.

So what books are you looking forward to reading in 2018? - Katie

*If you're stopping by from the linkup, please be sure to leave a link to your post so I can see your most anticipated books too. It may take me a while to return comments, but I will do it.*

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Living Ghost sounds really interesting! Great list!

    Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. These books sound intriguing! :-) I hope that you enjoy them when you get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. None of these made it to my list but all these sound great!

    I hope you get to read all these books soon :)
    My TTT: http://flippingthruthepages.com/2017/12/top-ten-books-im-looking-forward-2018/

    ReplyDelete
  4. When They Call You a Terrorist sounds like a very good book.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Sky Is Yours looks so different, and I LOVE that cover! Hoping that one is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might have to check out Living Ghosts and I went to add Gods of Howl Mountain to my Goodreads wishlist and it's already there. I did add A Guide for Murdered Children though.

    Are you worried about your boxes? Call me a worrywart but I'M worried about your boxes!

    ReplyDelete