Friday, February 9, 2024

Semi-Annual Check in Post 2024

 Hey y'all. So it's been a little over a year since I did one of these things, and I did not do a very good job of meeting the goals I set for myself in last years' (I think I only read about 6 months worth of children's books, and I still need to write the reviews for half of them!) But it's been a new year for over a month which means I once again have some motivation to "make some changes and get serious about my blogging!" But like, I've learned some lessons from my mistakes in the past. This year I am not trying to read and review a kids book every single day to work on padding my Netgalley feedback percentage. While it is still a great way for me to make up for my Netgalley hole, it was clearly too much for me to maintain, so I'm not doing it. What I do plan to do this year, with the goal of improving that feedback percentage, is read and review a children's book for every non-children's book I get through Netgalley. That means I'll get at least one review written for every two books I download, and will help me with my goals. But first, I need to get all my backlogged reviews written and posted and uploaded on Netgalley. I don't even know what my actual reading percentage on Netgalley is because of how many reviews I currently need to write, so over the next several days, I hope to make a very serious dent in those. Wish me luck. 

I'm also currently battling my arch-nemesis to read more books than she does. As of about 8 pm this evening, we are tied with 26 books read for the year (she was ahead of me this morning). As the race is currently neck and neck, that may slow down my review writing some, but I'm hopeful that it will not as reading more books just means I have more reviews I need to write, and I will struggle more and more with the reviews if I put them off too long (and I'm already 6 months behind so...) 

Finally, I've been making a more concerted effort to read books that I've won through Goodreads giveaways, but also books that I've purchased at the thrift store. I make those book selections a bit of a game that I may bring to my Facebook page on a more regular basis where I've been having my Facebook friends vote on a selection of 5 books to determine which one I should read next. So far it's been adding an extra shot of dopamine for me as they interact with my post. This has had the added benefit of my husband being less annoyed by my personal library of books since I'm reading more physical books now as well. 

And that is basically what's going on for me bookishly. Do you have any goals, bookish or otherwise, you are working on this year? - Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment