Saturday, December 16, 2017

2018 New Release Challenge


The other day I was thinking to myself how awesome it would be if every single book that I read next year could qualify towards a challenge, but it can be so hard to get some books to fit into specific categories and such (especially where approximately 1/3 of the books I read are proofreads and I don't get to decide what they're about etc.) But then I found the 2018 New Release Challenge, hosted by (un)Conventional Book Views. This challenge, right here, makes every single proofread I read next year (except for the ones that won't be published until 2019 but there's just no way I can make those books count for challenges period) qualify towards a challenge. And since I'm also taking part in the Beat the Backlist challenge again, basically every book I read will qualify towards one of these two challenges. 

Like the Beat the Backlist challenge, I expect this to be an easy challenge to accomplish my goals with. I'm keeping my expectations low and merely shooting for the New Release Pro level, which requires that I read between 31-60 new releases next year. I anticipate proofreading around 30-40 books again next year, so even if I read no other new releases, I'll hit this goal. With any luck, I'll manage to eke my way into the New Release Veteran level, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one. 

I'm not even going to pretend to try to list some of the books I plan to read for this challenge since I am counting on most of these books being proofreads and I don't learn those titles sometimes until I have the books in my hand (I literally just put the author name down in my calendar when scheduling books for proofread). But this is me declaring my intent to participate in this challenge. If nothing else, I hope it encourages me to write my reviews in a timely fashion in the new year. - Katie 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the New Release Challenge, Katie :) I'm happy you've decided to join.

    Good luck reaching your goal!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete