Wednesday, May 8, 2024

*Monthly Update* April 2024

 Listen, before we get started, I want to make sure we're all on the same page and pretending that I'm not writing this just a few short hours before midnight on the 8th of May. This whole post was written and posted a whole week ago, and something just went wrong with the internet and the date, okay? 

Anyway, April is obviously over and I don't think I succeeded in keeping my reviews to be written list from getting longer. I read 21 books in April, and while I did get 10 book reviews posted to the blog (and one set of discussion questions), and I have a few more handwritten that I just need to get blog posts built for, I'm 99% sure I don't have eleven reviews written in my notebook right now. But I did get some reviews written, so my list is at least not 21 books longer than it was. So still kind of winning. 

As I said last month, I'm taking a couple months off of my focused history/heritage month reading and it's been nice just picking up whatever strikes my fancy. It's also helpful for my three bookclubs, which do not adhere to my themes like at all. This month I even get to do two re-reads for book club meetings (fortunately they are both books I very much enjoyed the first time around so I don't mind the idea of re-reading them). May is Asian/Pacific Islander Heritage month, and I am currently reading Shanghai Girls by Lisa See, but that will likely be my only themed book for the month. 

Books Read in April

The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris
The Woman in Me by Britney Spears
Don't Turn Around by Jessica Barry
Hotel 21 by Senta Rich
The Boy in the Red Dress by Kristin Lambert
Coraline by Neil Gaiman
Tweet Cute by Emma Lord
A Good Day for Chardonnay by Darynda Jones
The Merciless by Danielle Vega
The Keeper of Night by Kylie Lee Baker
A Hard Day for a Hangover by Darynda Jones
The Second Life of Mirielle West by Amanda Skenandore
I, Eliza Hamilton by Susan Holloway Scott
Blood Debts by Terry J. Benton-Walker
Push, Then Breathe by Luissa Kiprono
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
Under This Red Rock by Mindy McGinnis
Every Wish Way by Shannon Bright

Once again I'm going to aim to write more reviews this month than books I read, but I'm also hoping to read 22 books in May, to include half an hour a day of non-fiction reading (I'm currently behind on that because I had a couple days where I just didn't read much at all, but I can still easily get caught up). If I'd stop picking up a shift at work each week, I might have more luck as the days I pick up shifts have historically been days I had big plans for getting blogging stuff done so...But you know what, eventually I will have all my reviews written, and if I really work at it, it will even happen this year. Maybe May will be my month to just get caught up. I might also win a major lottery, making it so I don't have to work anymore and can devote all my time to reading. Both things are equally possible, if we're being honest. 

But that's pretty much it for my update. I'm going to go for now because I have books to read and reviews to write. - Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment