Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Review: My First Dino-Wrestling by Lisa Wheeler


Genre: Children's (Board book, ages 1-4)
Published: February 7, 2023
Pages: 12



Singlets. Headgear. / Wrestling stance. / Whistle blows. / The two advance.

Fun rhyming text from Lisa Wheeler introduces key moments in a wrestling match, and colorful illustrations from Barry Gott will captivate wee fans! Enjoy the action as dinosaurs in wrestling gear face off in this action-packed board book.



I received a copy of this book through Netgalley. This is my honest review. 

So I read this book and wrote an entire review by hand without realizing that this is a board book. Which makes my review pretty much irrelevant. Things that I expect from a book for an infant or toddler are very different than the things I expect from a book for a young child that's just past the toddler level. In my original review, I talked about this book being simple, but the words being too difficult for an early reader type book, which maybe should have clued me in that it was a board book, but it didn't. 

Now that I know this is a board book, I've gotta focus more on the illustrations, which were excellent. They were bright and colorful and would definitely be eye-catching for a toddler. And while it's not a book I'd really want to read over and over again, I'm sure I would have a few times because at least it goes by quick. 

Overall I give this book 3.7 out of 5 stars. - Katie 




Lisa Wheeler is the award-winning author of the Dino-Sports and Dino-Holidays books. When she isn't running around the country visiting schools, standing at podiums, and eating airport snacks, she resides in Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment