Sunday, February 5, 2017

*Platypire Read-A-Thon* February

Photo Courtesy of Platypire Maribel
It's been several months since I published a Platypire Read-a-thon post. Life kind of got away from me at the end of 2017, and I spent all of January playing catch-up (I failed, I'm still not caught up, but I did make some progress.) I have mentioned in my Stacking the Shelves posts that I'm going to start doing the Platypire Read-a-thon posts again, and I meant it. I would have gotten this post built sooner, but I've been busy the past week doing two proofreading jobs. And if I get any money out of this at all, it's just pennies on Amazon because you clicked my links (please click my links and buy things, I'm probably not supposed to say that) so this was just not quite as important. I'm sure you understand. 

So since it's been so long since I did my last read-a-thon post, and my list had gotten very much out of control, I'm starting over. Clean slate. Fresh start. Those books don't exist anymore (except they very much still do, and my fresh start is already out of control, you'll see why here in a second.) But I'm going to try super hard to keep my monthly goal list much more manageable and not add nearly as many books to it. And I expect you to hold me accountable. Can you do that? Good. 

So without further ado, here's my February reading list (that I'm totes going to stick to, except not.)

R - Read
C - Currently Reading
T - To Be Read

Read

R - Sexiest Dad Alive by M. Clarke (Proofread)
R - Give Me Chaos by Jillian Ashe (Proofread)

Currently Reading

C - The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd (2015)
C - The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (2015)
C - The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin (2016)
C - Sweetwater: The Kihn by Rivi Jacks (2015)
C - Give Me Your Answer True by Suanne Laqueur (2015)
C - The Voyage by Tammie Painter (2015)
C - The Road Home by Kathleen Shoop (2015)
C - Troll by Ashley C. Harris (2015)
C - The Sanctum of Souls by R.K. Pavia (2015)
C - The Travelers by Chris Pavone (2015)
C - Back of Beyond by Neeny Boucher (2016)
C - The Things We Wish Were True by Marybeth Mayhew Whalen (2016)
C - Letter's From Paris by Juliette Blackwell (2016)
C - An Exaltation of Larks by Suanne Laqueur (2016)
C - Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry (Jan)
C - River of Ink by Paul M.M. Cooper (Jan)
C - Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick (Jan)
C - The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco (Jan)
C - Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (2016)

To Be Read

T - Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
T - Everything Belongs to Us by Yoojin Grace Wuertz
T - The Devil's Prayer by Luke Gracias
T - Eleanor Roosevelt: The War Years by Blanche Wiesen Cook


As you can clearly see, my currently reading shelf is already out of control (and I even left some books from my Goodreads currently reading shelf off because they were loans from Penguin First to Read that expired before I was able to finish the books. They're on my wish list on Amazon now though, so I'll return to them eventually maybe.) To keep on track with my Goodreads reading challenge goal, I have to read ten books a month, and I'm already two books behind schedule (according to Goodreads). I just did not get very many books read in January because of playing catch-up, so my goal for this month is to finish reading twelve books, but if I only hit ten I won't feel too badly about it because February is short, yo. 

But tell me, how many books do you think I'll get read this month? - Katie 
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's probably a good guess, although I do already have two finished and it's only the 5th... - Katie

      Delete