Monday, February 12, 2018

*Top Ten Tuesday* What's Love Got to Do With It? (Feb 13)


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Joood - Hooligan of Platypire reviews bossed me into doing this, so I guess this is a thing I do now. 

This weeks theme is love freebie. So I'm not typically the sappy type to begin with, and I kind of feel like romance books get a fair amount of topics for them already in memes like this (I know I recently did one for fictional characters I'd share a kiss with on New Year's Eve), so I'm going to focus on books that have romance without being in the romance or erotica genres.

Divergent by Veronica Roth - YA dystopian, hint of romance between the MCs.
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand - Maybe I was reading more into the story than was there in this classic political novel, but I totally shipped Dagny and Hank.
The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown - Pretty much all of Robert Langdon's exploits in this suspense series have him toying with romance with his female counterparts.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams - If you read this absurd sci-fi book and don't ship Trillian and Arthur, you're probably not human.
The Dragonriders of Pern series by Anne McCaffrey - This series involves many interconnected stories and there's at least a bit of romance in most of them.
The Timely Death Trilogy by Shannon A Thompson - In this paranormal YA trilogy, Eric and Jessica seem pretty much destined for each other, and yet their connection is not the focus of the story.
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling - So the romance doesn't start at the beginning of the series, but between Harry, Ron, and Hermione, there are a few different romantic connections that play a role in the series.
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - I'm really not sure how or why this isn't already classified as Romance at least on Goodreads, especially since Celia and Marco are described as falling headlong into love in the blurb...but maybe it's because they fall in love with magic, I dunno. I spent a large portion of the book wanting them to be together though.
The Wolfegang series by Jillian Ashe - This sci-fi series is chock full of action with a side of romance.
The Demon Within series by Ginna Moran - This paranormal YA series had me wanting Cami to hook up with more than one guy.

Are there any books or series you'd add to my list of books with romance while not being listed as romance or erotica? - Katie

*If you're stopping by from the linkup please be sure to drop a link to your post below so I can stop by to check out your posts.*

6 comments:

  1. Nice twist on this week's post. I love it!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week:
    https://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2018/02/top-ten-tuesday-ten-very-hot-steamy.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Night Circus is on my TTT (and often is) this week! I think the romance in the book, between all the couples, is fairly subtle compared to most "romance" books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The romance in HP was definitely my least favorite element. I mean, I know they were teens, but they were SO immature when it came to love. I t was a bummer because all the couples that ended up together were NOT ones I was hoping for. BTW-- I like your idea for this list!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never really cared much about the romance in HP, I was far more interested in the magic and you know, them defeating Voldemort.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/02/13/top-ten-tuesday-146/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice take on this week's topic! I also enjoy books were romance isn't necessarily the main focus, but is still part of the plot. Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete