Friday, February 2, 2018

*Book Blogger Hop* 2 February 2018



We are on to a new week for the Book Blogger Hop hosted by the lovely folks over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. This weeks questions is:
Do you prefer to blog about (a) specific book genre(s), or do you have an eclectic blog? (submitted by Maria @ A Night's Dream of Books)
I have a very eclectic blog because I have very eclectic reading tastes. I realize this can lessen the effectiveness of my blog in that I'm not a go to source for all things YA for example, but I'd hate to limit myself to just a couple genres, and my blog could be essentially dead space for months on end if I tried because I'd have to branch out from those genres eventually. But also, I just like having a blog where I can post a little bit of everything that suits my fancy, or doesn't.

What about you? Do you have an eclectic blog like me or do you stick to just a couple genres? - Katie

*If you're stopping by from the linkup, please be sure to leave a link to your post so I can see your answer too.*

10 comments:

  1. I don't think I'm quite as eclectic as you but I do tend to read a wide range of genres. If a book interests me than I'm going to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think having an eclectic blog takes away from the blog's effectiveness. It just shows your personality and what you like.

    We all are different, which is wonderful.

    I stick with three genres - always have and most likely always will. :)

    Have a great weekend, Katie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it shows that I like everything...kind of. It's mostly that I see other blogs like yours that can be a go to for specific genres where it's likely you will have read several of the same books as the blogger already so you can sort of see how well your tastes mesh, but my genres are so varied that you're not likely to find a lot of books in common with me to begin with, but even when you do, many of the books that I review may not be in genres you read because you know your tastes.

      I mean, it's not like I'm going to change the way I do things, but I can see how my way of doing things would make me not a go-to source for recommendations in general. And that's okay. - Katie

      Delete
  3. I think it's a good idea to review and talk about the books you like! It's easy to tell when a reviewer's heart just isn't into the review. I much rather read a passionate book review (whether that be negative or positive) than read a bland review. Keep reading the things you love! We'll stick around and keep reading what you post :)
    Have a great weekend!

    My Book Blogger Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I definitely didn't have any plans on changing the way I do things around here. Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  4. I write what I read. Sometimes I go hyper focused on a specific genre because that's what I'm into at the time but then the mood will swing and so will the blog. I'd definitely say it's eclectic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI, I'm new to the blog hop, and it's nice to meet you. I don't see a problem with an eclectic blog, unless your aim is to be a top blog in a category, as you say. It's better to review what you read. Here's my post:
    https://wordsworldandwings.blogspot.com/2018/02/book-blogger-hop-do-you-prefer-to-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it all depends on how you want to run your blog. I run my blog for posterity. I would be very glad if people came to visit my blog because they enjoy my content but it's also not the main focus. I'm a selfish blogger, I blog for myself. :) So I don't really worry about what content would draw in the most readers. It's definitely not effective (I have very few readers) but I enjoy blogging too much!

    Here's my post: http://edelgrace.me/blog/book-blogger-hop-22/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have an eclectic blog as well. I didn't want to limit my reading either.

    ReplyDelete