Friday, February 23, 2018

*Book Blogger Hop* 23 February 2018



We are on to a new week for the Book Blogger Hop hosted by the lovely folks over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. This weeks questions is:
Do you read hardcovers with the dust jacket on or off? Why or why not? submitted by (submitted by Maria @ A Night's Dream of Books)
First of all, I prefer not to read hardcovers at all because they are big, bulky, and often a little bit heavy. That being said, I sometimes win hardcover copies of books on Goodreads so I'm left with no choice but to read them that way. In those instances, I read my hardcovers naked. Can't stand having the dust jacket on my books while I'm reading because I feel like they're constantly getting in the way or getting caught on things, and I just spend so much time adjusting them on the book itself that I do less reading, so I just ditch them before I even open the book. I keep them to put back on the book after I'm finished reading it, but while I'm reading, the dust jacket is gone.

What about you? Do you read with your dust jackets on or off your hardback books? - Katie

*If you're stopping by from the linkup, please leave a link to your post below so I can be sure to stop by and see your answer too.* 

9 comments:

  1. Hardcovers can be soooo bulky. But I love it when I find a nice slim and small little volume. I think hardcovers are just so pretty. I'm the same way too, dusk jackets are too distracting!

    My answer: http://edelgrace.me/blog/book-blogger-hop-24/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think reading with the dust jacket off is just easier. It's less hassle and there's no worry about ruining the cover! :D have a great weekend Katie!

    My Book Blogger Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take the dust jacket off too.

    I don't want to ruin it.

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on dust jacket on or off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way. I also take the dust jacket off so that way the books wouldn't be sliding constantly whenever I'm reading.

    Here’s my Book Blogger Hop!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeay! Another non-hardcover fan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I'm not really a fan of hardcovers either, I only have a few. But I have always kept the dust jackets on, they have never bothered me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I prefer not to read hardcover books nowadays because of how big,and bulky they are to read, and how much shelf space they take. I still love hardcopy books, but I do so love my kindle, with its massive library at the touch of my fingers.

    Here's my link: https://wp.me/p6C2DX-1sq

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep the dust jacket on. They don't bother me. I will also use the flap as a bookmark.

    ReplyDelete