Tuesday, April 4, 2017

*Top Ten Tuesday* Things You'll Want to Own if You're a Potthead


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Joood - Hooligan of Platypire reviews bossed me into doing this, so I guess this is a thing I do now. 

This weeks theme is things you'll want to own if you're a Potthead (Harry Potter fan). And this post will be largely visual, because I'm a big Potthead.

There are many things you may find yourself lusting after if you are a true Potthead (I highly recommend signing up for the Harry Potter Lootcrate if you can afford it, they've got wicked awesome stuff.) These things may include a Hogwarts house specific floor mat. In case you can't tell, I'm a Hufflepuff through and through.

Assorted lapel pins, which can also be used on your book bag if you're not a lapel pin wearing kind of person. A owl and letter keychain (this thing is seriously heavy duty), a Deathly Hallows pocket watch (it really works!) and a time turner necklace are also must haves. As is a collection of lanyards for your keys and ID cards for work (if you have ID cards for work. I personally do not require an ID card for my job as a stay at home mom, but it's nice to have backup lanyards in case my favorite breaks.

Then of course you'll want to have Hogwarts crest bedding, even if you're a married adult with children. Really, there's no such thing as too old for Hogwarts bedding, I promise. (It probably helps when your spouse is the one who purchases the bedding however if you are married. It's a little bit easier to talk them into using it when they're the one that bought it in the first place.)

Then you will naturally want a nice collection of Harry Potter themed clothes. This is just a small selection of my collection. I have both hoodies and t-shirts so that my Harry Potter apparel needs are covered no matter the weather. That being said, I can always use more, so if you see a great deal on some Harry Potter apparel, totes let me know (or just buy it for me, that would work too.)

You may also want to get yourself a spiffy house specific duffle bag and beanie (although I think these were Loot Crate exclusives, so it may be too late for that, but I suppose you might be able to find similar items on ThinkGeek.)

And no magical kitchen would be complete without cups and mugs. If you're really ambitious, you'll want a marauders map mug, a Platform 9 3/4 tumbler, a Hogwarts crest cauldron shaped mug, and a house specific water bottle (I gotta' give mad props to my sister-in-law for the water bottle. I mean, it was going to be hard to compete with all the Harry Potter awesomeness that my husband bought me for Christmas, but this was definitely one of my best presents this year.)

Of course you'll want to start a Harry Potter collectible figure collection as well. There are a couple options there. You've got the obvious Funko Pop collection (mine is currently far too small), and then there's the Harry Potter Magical Creatures collectibles, which are available on and off on Amazon. But they are the kind of knick knacks you may want if you're a discerning witch or wizard of high breeding because they look way fancier than the Funkos. Or if you're like me, you'll just want both because why not?

You may also find yourself in need of a coloring book or two. Although if you're like me, you may be loathe to actually color in them for fear of messing up. One day, I will overcome that fear. Maybe.

You will likely also want the collector's edition box set of the complete series where the spines look like Hogwarts. You won't want to take it out of the wrapping to read them though. No, these books are purely for show. You've got other copies handy for reading.

And by other copies, I mean multiple other copies of each book. Because these are books that you're going to re-read so many times, you know eventually they're going to fall apart, so if you find a copy for sale used somewhere (because there are actually people that sell their copies of Harry Potter out there) you buy it to keep it on hand for later. You can literally never have too many copies of Harry Potter on hand.

And finally, no Harry Potter collection would be complete without an owl or two to ensure that all your important messages get delivered in a timely fashion. (No Errol's for me, that's for sure.)

So there you have it. A not-so-brief run down of some of the things you'll want to have if you are a Potthead.

Is there anything you'd add to this list? What are some of your favorite fandom items (doesn't have to be Harry Potter related at all)? - Katie 

5 comments: