Saturday, September 24, 2016

*Review* The Scrapyard Man by S.H. Richardson


Genre: Romance
Published: September 4, 2016
Pages: 182

Synopsis

Sebastian 
Dramatic. Hyper sensitive. Emotional. I know what they say about me. But I don’t give a shit. Buck taught me to never be ashamed of who I am, to never hide my true nature, and I will be respected for it. My kindness is often mistaken for weakness. I use that to my advantage. Mother and Aunt Enid rely on me to take care of them, even though they don’t see me as a capable man, one who can take care of himself. They are wrong. Buck was the one person who saw my true nature and harnessed it in order to maximize my strengths and hone my skills. He knew the real me, what I’m capable of. But he’s gone now, and I’m left searching for someone to believe in me. 

Ashley
What a difference a few months can make. My sister Clover found the love of her life in Range. I couldn’t be happier for them. The men who live at Buck’s Junkyard have become my second family, my brothers. But I want more from one of them. He’s sweet and kind, maybe too kind to give me what I need, but our bond of friendship is solid. I long for a savage beast that can take my body to heights unknown and never let me fall, not a shy worrywart that’s afraid to take what he wants. I want my hero to be more than just a sandwich, even if I have to force him to make the move we both want.

While helping Sebastian grieve the loss of the only father figure he’s ever known, Ashley catches the eye of a dangerous deviant hell-bent on having her for himself. With the lives of their women at stake, Sebastian and the other Junkyard Boys set aside their differences and fight together to save the women they love.

My husband looks like a creep in this photo.

Review

I was hired to proofread this book. The only aspects of the story that I influenced were the spelling and grammar. If you feel that my connection with the book makes my review untrustworthy, so be it, but this is my honest review.

This is the second book in a series, but the first one that I've read. While it's very possible that I would have had a better understanding of some of the characters actions if I had read The Junkyard Boys first, I don't think doing so is absolutely necessary. I didn't feel completely lost at any point, or like there were inside jokes going over my head because I hadn't been introduced to them. So while it's probably advisable to read the series in order, I don't think it's necessary to enjoy this book. 

I do not really care for motorcycle club romances, and while the junkyard boys are not a motorcycle club, they act a lot like one, so I had a difficult time really enjoying this book because of that aspect.

I did enjoy the interactions between the characters. It was really obvious that they all care for each other and have each others backs. I particularly liked seeing Ashley ribbing Sebastian all the time. Their flirtation was cute. 

What I didn't enjoy in the story was the dominant alpha male attitudes, but that is what typically turns me off of MC romances too, so it's not surprising that I wouldn't enjoy it here. If you like dominant alpha males, you will very likely like these men. I just don't. 

Overall I give The Scrapyard Man 3 out of 5 stars. - Katie 

Buy the Book



No comments:

Post a Comment