Tuesday, April 10, 2018

*Top Ten Tuesday* Audiobooks I'd Listen to Over and Over Again


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Joood - Hooligan of Platypire reviews bossed me into doing this, so I guess this is a thing I do now. 

This weeks theme is books I loved but will never re-read. Now this isn't a great topic for me, because that's basically every book I've ever read. I'm just not much of a re-reader. And I had big plans to adjust this topic to discuss the few books that I would actually re-read, but when I checked out the post on That Artsy Reader Girl's blog, I realized that I just did that not too long ago. So that leaves me at a bit of a loss as to what I should do this week. But I also don't want to skip posting again after just skipping last week because I just could not relate to that topic at all (couldn't even think of a way to twist it to my purposes in the limited time I'd given myself). So since I still can't really relate to the actual topic for today because I don't re-read, instead, I will be talking about audiobooks that I would listen to over and over again.

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - This is a book that I wanted to listen to again immediately after finishing it the first time. That has never happened before for me with an audiobook even though I have had some audiobooks that I know I'd enjoy listening to again at some point in the future. So this was a no-brainer for being added to the list.

180 Seconds by Jessica Park - I hate this book. It made me cry, a lot. I looked like a fool with tears streaming down my face as I unpacked my library. And I want to do that all over again (except the unpacking my library part, I'd prefer to never have to do that ever again).

This is Just My Face: Try Not to Stare by Gabourey Sidibe - This book cracked me up. I listened to it on a six hour drive from my parents house to Colorado Springs to visit my husband and see our new house and was legit pissed at him for stalking my phone and coming out to the car to get me and my bag because I had fourteen minutes left of the book when I arrived. I would totally listen to Gabourey tell me her life story again and again.

Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay - This book perfectly combines the classic tale of Beauty and the Beast and science fiction, particularly dystopia, which are kind of two of my favorite things, so I would totes listen to this book again. Has the added benefit of being kid friendly.

Feed by M.T. Anderson - This is a perfect book to listen to as an audiobook. The only way it could be any better is if we had the technology to tap into the feed ourselves so we could experience it on a more personal level just like the characters do. This is another kid friendly book I would definitely listen to again.

Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick - Not many people know this (including Anna Kendrick), but Anna Kendrick is my best friend. And like any good best friend, I would listen to her tell me any story she wants to pretty much all the time. But until the day she realizes that we're best friends and we have sleepovers and stuff, I'll just have to settle for listening to her melodious voice via her audiobook.

And I'm going to go ahead and pretend that 6 is the new 10 and wrap this post up here (partially because I haven't listened to a ton of audiobooks that I'm dying to hear again and partially because I have work I should be doing instead of building blog posts that make me no money). So are there any audiobooks that you'd just love to listen to over and over again? Let me know below.

Or, if you'd like to stick to the original topic, what books did you love but you don't want to re-read? - Katie

*If you're stopping by from the linkup, please be sure to drop a link to your post below so I can stop by and check out your list.*
SaveSave

13 comments:

  1. I think it's cool that you've enjoyed so many audiobooks. How often do you listen to them?

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...I usually listen to audiobooks while I'm doing housework like dishes, and also when I go on walks (although the walks have not happened since we moved because I have activity induced asthma and now live about a mile above sea level and only just got a new prescription for an inhaler this past weekend. I was not risking passing out because my body just could not get enough oxygen). But since we moved and I've been unpacking the house, I've been logging a lot more time with audiobooks as I unpack.

      Without the unpacking I usually listen to about 1.5 audiobooks a month...with the unpacking it's been about 1 audiobook per week. - Katie

      Delete
  2. What a great twist. Thanks for sharing these. I wish I could do audio books but I really have a hard time with them. I would like to read the Anna Kendrick book though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have trouble with audiobooks...Then I started listening to celebrity memoirs which were a little bit easier to focus on for me. They were like the perfect blend of book and television-like background noise to transition me into audiobooks. Or it was like listening to my husband tell me about his work day while I cooked supper. If you haven't tried listening to a celebrity memoir as an audiobook before, you may want to give it a shot, and I definitely recommend Kendrick's. It's a good one. - Katie

      Delete
  3. I definitely need to read Anna Kendrick's book at some point!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/04/10/top-ten-tuesday-154/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was not much of an Anna Kendrick fan when I first listened to her audiobook because I'd only seen her in the Twilight movies and I hated her in the Twilight movies (granted, I hated her character in the books too, so that really wasn't a very fair judgement for me to lay against her). Listening to her audiobook made me want to watch more of her movies, and I fell in love. I definitely recommend it. - Katie

      Delete
  4. That's a great list! Fangirl is on my soon TBR list! I wish I could do audiobooks. I always find my mind wandering and I have to keep starting over. lol

    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have the mind wandering problem, and then I discovered celebrity memoirs. They were basically the perfect blend between book and tv-like background noise to transition my brain into paying attention to audiobooks.

      Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  5. I loved Scrappy Little Nobody!! But it definitely would be on my list too (if I remembered to add it!) because a lot of autobiographies are hard to re-read. Great answers Katie! Hope you are having a good week :)

    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autobiographies and memoirs are usually hard to re-read...but the two I included on my list as just so funny that I wouldn't hate hearing the stories again. I've listened to several celebrity memoirs and only two made my list for a reason.

      Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  6. I have been listening to a few autobiographies in audiobook form lately and now I really want to pick up Anna Kendrick's. I shall have to add it to my list of things to get!

    My TTT https://wp.me/p3ftwe-UZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so funny. Definitely worth a listen.

      Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete