Tuesday, February 27, 2018

*Top Ten Tuesday* Books I Could Reread Forever


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Joood - Hooligan of Platypire reviews bossed me into doing this, so I guess this is a thing I do now. 

This weeks theme is books I could reread forever. Boy is this going to be a short list because I am just not much of a rereader.

The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. This is one series that I find myself wanting to read every few years (I rarely get around to it, but the urge does arise, so that's something).

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - I've only read (listened) to this book once so far, but I immediately wanted to listen to it again right after finishing it the first time, so I'm counting it as a book I could reread forever.

It by Stephen King - I've only actually read this book once, but it's in my plans to read it again at some point. Honestly, I'd probably re-read most Stephen King books.

And that's really about it. I will drop some honorable mentions below that are books I reread more than once when I was younger though, just to flesh this post out a little bit more.

Matilda by Roald Dahl - I literally read my copy of this book to pieces I read it so many times.

A Girl from Yamhill by Beverly Cleary - It's kind of strange that the only book of Ms. Cleary's that I really remember reading is her memoir, and I know I read it a few times.

The Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder - I found Ms. Wilder's life growing up in what became the midwest absolutely fascinating and read the entire series once ever year or so for a few years of my childhood.

Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink - Caddie's story was similar to Laura Ingalls Wilder's and I often read it almost in connection with the Little House books.

Goosebumps by R.L. Stine - I'm not sure how many books from this series I really re-read, but I know there were a few (Night of the Living Dummy and Monster Blood for sure). There were so many books in the series and more every year that re-reading felt less necessary to get my fix.

So looking at my list of re-read books from my childhood, it's clear to me that I enjoyed stories about precocious girls, and I'm fortunate that there were so many available about girls who were a lot like me.

What are some books that you could re-read forever (or that you re-read a lot as a child)? - Katie

*If you're stopping by from the linkup, please be sure to leave a link to your post so I can stop by and see your list too.*

1 comment:

  1. Harry Potter and Matilda were both on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/02/27/top-ten-tuesday-148/

    ReplyDelete