Tuesday, December 4, 2018

*Discussion Questions* Lies by T.M. Logan *SPOILERS*

I have spent a few years in a couple of different book clubs now, and I've led my fair share of discussions (so every time it was my turn in the rotation to pick a book basically, although I've been slacking a little in my current book club). I can't tell you how many times I've finished a book that I'd chosen for our meeting, only to realize that I couldn't think of a single question to ask (and I'd forgotten to consider that while reading). In those instances I would run to the interwebs to search for discussion questions, just hoping that someone else had been kind enough to think of questions and share them with the world. I had about a 50% success rate with that. 

I had chosen Lies to be the very first book discussed with my new book club (now that we've moved I've had to find a new club, and that meant starting one with others in my area. I was not the driving force behind my current bookclubs creation though, I just drew the short straw with the first book selection). When I got online before I started reading to search for discussion questions, I came up short, so I was at least prepared to think of some questions while reading. This is the result of that. These questions do include spoilers, so if you have not read the book yet, stop reading now. 


Read my spoiler-free review here


1. Would you have left an acquaintance, possibly for dead, to get your child the medical care s/he needed to survive. (This presumes that you can get the necessary care faster than an ambulance could arrive). 

2. Would you have gone back to the parking garage afterwards to check on things?

3. Do you think the author worked too hard to stress how "beta" Joe is?

4. Did Joe's experience after losing his phone make you worry about having social media apps on your phone?

5. After Joe's wife comes clean about the affair with Ben, he gets a text from Ben saying "Let's meet, I have something to show you." Would you have gone to meet him knowing he had a gun with him?

6. Did you figure out who was setting Joe up before the big reveal?

7. Do you think the police would have suspected Joe if he hadn't taken every single piece of bait?

8. Do you think he would have ended up in prison if he hadn't taken every single piece of bait?

9. If you have kids, would you install an app like SysAdminTrack on their phone?

Those are the questions that we discussed at our meeting, and they provided a decent conversation, so hopefully if you've chosen this for your own bookclub, they can help you out as well. If you have any other questions you'd want to discuss and don't mind me adding them to the list, feel free to comment them below. - Katie 

For more info or to sign up, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment