Sunday, December 9, 2018

*31 Days of Christmas* Once Upon a Holiday

Thanksgiving is over and the countdown to Christmas has officially begun (at least in my house). I don't limit myself to just reading cheesy Christmas romances during this time of year. Oh no. I also find myself binge watching Christmas movies on Netflix and the Hallmark Channel. And I thought, why not incorporate that into my blog as well. So I give you the 31 Days of Christmas (which will be much easier to accomplish with movies than books like I've tried to do in past years).

Next up is Once Upon a Holiday.



Watched on: Hallmark
Duration: 1 hour, 24 minutes
Originally aired on: 25 November 2015
Directed by: James Head
Starring: Briana Evigan, Paul Campbell, and Greg Evigan
Please see IMDb for full cast and crew info.

Synopsis

A princess visiting New York during Christmas escapes her royal entourage to experience the city. She is saved from muggers by a handsome man, and romance blooms when he shows her his side of the city.

Review

Once Upon a Holiday utilizes the small country royalty trope. Much like in The Princess Switch, Katie is a princess who just wants to shirk all of her royal responsibilities to be normal for a little bit. Although I've never been royalty myself (much to my chagrin) it was easy for me to relate to Katie (and not just because we have the same name). All she really wants to do is spend one hour visiting an art gallery with never before seen work while she's visiting New York for the holidays, but there's no time in her busy schedule. So she takes matters into her own hands. 

I liked how pretty much all of the conflict in this story derived from Katie just wanting to do her own thing for a little bit, and even though she wouldn't tell Jack who she was exactly or why she seemed to be running from people, he helped her anyway without getting all suspicious and moody about it. And even though he's a bit heartbroken when he finds out who she really is, he doesn't really hold her secrecy against her. 

This movie includes a run-away princess, last minute tree decorating, and a magical wardrobe. 

I'd watch the movie again if I caught it on tv, but I wouldn't necessarily make sure to catch it on tv if I knew it was going to be airing, if that makes any sense. 

My Rating
Buy the Movie


Check Out My Other Christmas Movie Reviews

Review
Review




















Cancel Christmas starring Judd Nelson, Justin Landry, & Natalie Brown
Pride, Prejudice, and Mistletoe starring Lacey Chabert, Brendan Penny, & Genevieve Kang
The Princess Switch starring Vanessa Hudgens, Sam Palladio, & Nick Sagar
The Holiday Calendar starring Kat Graham, Quincy Brown, and Ethan Peck
The Christmas Switch starring Natasha Henstridge, Brian Kraus, and Cedric Smith
48 Christmas Wishes starring Khiyla Aynne, Elizabeth Ellsworth, and Maya Franzoi
The Spirit of Christmas starring Thomas Beaudoin, Kati Salowsky, and Steven A. Miller
A Shoe Addict's Christmas starring Candace Cameron Bure, Luke Macfarlane, and Jean Smart
Mingle All the Way starring Jen Lilley, Brant Daugherty, and Lindsay Wagner
A Majestic Christmas starring Jerrika Hinton, Christian Vincent, and Adaya Ariana
Finding Santa starring Eric Winter, Jodie Sweetin, and Jay Brazeau
It's Christmas, Eve starring LeAnn Rimes, Tyler Hynes, and Gwynyth Walsh
Christmas Next Door starring Jesse Metcalfe, Fiona Gubelmann, and Brittany Bristow

For more info or to sign up, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment