Friday, November 30, 2018

*31 Days of Christmas* The Spirit of Christmas

Thanksgiving is over and the countdown to Christmas has officially begun (at least in my house). I don't limit myself to just reading cheesy Christmas romances during this time of year. Oh no. I also find myself binge watching Christmas movies on Netflix and the Hallmark Channel. And I thought, why not incorporate that into my blog as well. So I give you the 31 Days of Christmas (which will be much easier to accomplish with movies than books like I've tried to do in past years).

Next up is The Spirit of Christmas.




Watched on: Netflix
Duration: 1 hour, 31 minutes
Originally aired: 19 December 2015
Directed by: David Jackson
Starring: Thomas Beaudoin, Kati Salowsky, and Steven A. Miller
Please see IMDb for full cast and crew info.

Synopsis

Attorney Kate Jordan is sent to broker the sale of Hollygrove Inn, but she is told that her appraiser has left because of a ghost. Sure enough, it s not long before she meets Daniel Forsythe...a man who mysteriously died 95 years ago. The two strike a deal if she can help him discover the truth behind his death and why he is cursed to return to the inn for Christmas each year, he will leave and allow Kate to finish her job. As they work together, Kate can t help but fall for this dashing Christmas spirit, and a romance develops that will alter the course of both their lives.

Review

I started to watch this movie last year, and for some reason didn't see the end (I'm guessing I had to go do something, and since I was watching it on Hallmark last year, I couldn't just pause it and pick it back up). This second, full viewing makes me kind of sad that I didn't catch the end last year. 

This movie utilizes the classic hard-working woman who never celebrates Christmas trope. Unlike most cheesy Christmas movies, her love interest isn't exactly alive (although he's not exactly not alive when she's interacting with him either. You'd really have to watch the movie to understand what I'm trying to say here I think.) The movie still had the standard tension between the leads that you just know is going to lead to romance at some point, but it had a refreshing spin on it considering the fact that said romance would clearly be short-lived with some serious limitations. 

There were a few other unexpected twists that cropped up in the course of Kate and Daniel's quest to discover the truth about his death. They really just served to add a little more flavor to the story. 

I don't know if I'd want to watch this movie yearly, because the cheesy romance aspect is rather understated, but I'd probably still watch if I caught it on tv. 

My Rating
Buy the Movie


Check Out My Other Christmas Movie Reviews

Review
Review




















Cancel Christmas starring Judd Nelson, Justin Landry, & Natalie Brown
Pride, Prejudice, and Mistletoe starring Lacey Chabert, Brendan Penny, & Genevieve Kang
The Princess Switch starrinVanessa Hudgens, Sam Palladio, & Nick Sagar
The Holiday Calendar starring 
Kat Graham, Quincy Brown, and Ethan Peck
The Spirit of Christmas starring Thomas Beaudoin, Kati Salowsky, and Steven A. Miller
A Shoe Addict's Christmas starring Candace Cameron Bure, Luke Macfarlane, and Jean Smart
Mingle All the Way starring Jen Lilley, Brant Daugherty, and Lindsay Wagner

A Majestic Christmas starring Jerrika Hinton, Christian Vincent, and Adaya Ariana
Finding Santa starring Eric Winter, Jodie Sweetin, and Jay Brazeau
It's Christmas, Eve starring LeAnn Rimes, Tyler Hynes, and Gwynyth Walsh

For more info or to sign up, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment