Monday, September 24, 2018

*Top Ten Tuesday* Books by My Favorite Authors that I Haven't Read


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Joood - Hooligan of Platypire reviews bossed me into doing this, so I guess this is a thing I do now. 

This weeks theme is books by my favorite authors that I still haven't read. And you know what, I'm not sure if I'm ready for this list because I'm pretty sure I have more than ten favorite authors with books published that I haven't read yet. So I guess I'm just going to list out ten of my favorite authors who have published books I have yet to read and we'll call it good.

J.K. Rowling - This may come as a shock to you, but I have not read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child or Fantastic Beasts and Where the Find Them. I obviously haven't read The Crimes of Grindelwald either (because it doesn't come out until the middle of November), but I imagine it'll be a while before I get to reading it too.

Stephen KingDoctor Sleep is the book that stands out most in my mind as the oldest recent release that I still need to read, but when I think about it, the last King new release that I felt like I had the time to read was 11/22/63, which means it's been about seven years since I read a Stephen King book. I really need to get on that.

Lisa Suzanne - Lisa Suzanne was one of the first authors I discovered after finding the indie book world on Facebook and for a while I was up to date on her books. Then she released Not Just Another Romance Novel and I didn't have time to read it. In fact, I haven't read any of the books she released between that one and A Little Like Destiny (the first book she hired me to proofread). I definitely need to find some time to dive into all those books I missed.

L.B. Dunbar - I'm going to be totally honest with you, and tell you that I originally joined Ms. Dunbar's street team (like four years ago) because at the time, it only had like ten people in it, and even though I hadn't read any of her books yet, I was already pimping pretty heavily for a few authors and adding one more wasn't going to be a big deal, and her books sounded good. But she's an author who it would be easier to list the few books of hers that I have found the time to read rather than all of her books that I haven't. I'm going to say that I'm most anxious to find time to read some of her #SexySilverFoxes books though, which I believe start with After Care.

SJ McCoy - SJ McCoy has written like three hundred thousand books and I've only read one of them, the fourth book she published. I was starting at a three book deficit, which with blogging and feeling like I should accept every review request that came my way at the time was incredibly overwhelming.  So even though I absolutely loved the one book I read, I have not found the time to read any more of her sweet romances since, and I need to remedy that at some point, but there are just so many to choose from. I'm thinking about giving Mason a try, even though he's part of a different series than the one I already read from.

Alexandrea Weis - I have read most of Ms. Weis' books, either as a beta reader or as a proofreader, although a few were read simply for review as a member of her street team. That being said, there are some books of hers that I haven't cracked the cover on. Broken Wings is one of them that I'm hoping to read sooner rather than later.

Penelope Douglas - I've been a Penelope Douglas fan since Bully was indie (a fact I like to brag about basically all the time), but that doesn't mean I've read all her books. I was doing really well on that for a while, but then I got busy with proofreading and missed a few, Birthday Girl for example, as well as Hideaway and a couple others. I own them, and someday I will surely find the time to read them.

Ginna Moran - Considering how many Ginna Moran books I've read lately, it's hard to believe that she has any that I haven't read, but it's true. While I read her first book for review on the blog a few years ago and loved it, I didn't find the time to get any further in that series, or in its spin-off series, but I'd really like to go back and read them at some point, and I think I'd start with Altered to Kill.

Kristen Banet - I recently started proofreading for Kristen Banet, and while she's had me work on most of her published works at this point, there are a couple that I haven't had the pleasure to read yet (because I haven't had the time). These are A Life of Shadows and A Heart of Shame which would give me some much needed backstory that I missed before proofreading the third book in that series.

Jon Messenger - I have only read one of Jon Messenger's books so far, and this kind of makes me a garbage human being because he's an author that I talked into writing me into a book to kill me off (it didn't take much to convince him, but he did it and I haven't even read the book in which I die). The problem is, he doesn't kill me off until the third book in the Magic and Machinery series, so I have to read Wolves of the Northern Rift and The Blood Thief of Whitten Hall first just to get to The Golem of Solomon's Way and my death. And that's just a whole lot of commitment. (I do already own all three of those books though in ebook and paperback, so maybe I'm not like stinky garbage at least.)

So there you have it, ten favorite authors with books I still need to read, and it's not all of them, just the first ten that popped into my head. Who are some of your favorite authors with books you still need to read? - Katie

*If you're stopping by from the linkup, please be sure to drop a link to your post below so I can stop by and check out your list.*


For more info or to sign up, click here.

11 comments:

  1. Most of these authors are new to me but I like the look of Messenger's book- it looks kind of steampunkish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Magic and Machinery series by Jon Messenger is steampunk.

      Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  2. I haven't read Doctor Sleep either. Hope it's good.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, when I finally find some time to read it.

      Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed Doctor Sleep but I have to be honest, I still don't think The Shining needed a sequel. It's my favorite King book and it was perfect to me just as it was. However, thanks to Doctor Sleep, I've never been quite the same when passing a camper on the highway. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never felt like The Shining necessarily needed a sequel either (I don't think most horror stories do because part of what makes them scary is the ambiguity they usually end with), but I'm still interested in reading it because I haven't found a King book I didn't like.

      Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  4. My whole TTT list is Stephen King books, so I feel your pain with that one. He’s written so many! I also haven’t read a lot of JK Rowling’s books. I’ll get to them someday.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! And a lot of them are absolute beasts in length. It's just so hard to keep up with him. Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  5. Doctor Sleep was a pleasant surprise. I hope you like it. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can find time to read it. LOL. Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  6. I am not familiar with Jon Messenger, but looking at that cover, I want to be! I almost but J.K. Rowling on my list, but didn't in the end. I definitely want to read the rest of her Galbraith books. I have only read the first in the series. Have a great weekend, Katie!

    ReplyDelete