Friday, September 7, 2018

*Book Blogger Hop* 7 September 2018



We are on to a new week for the Book Blogger Hop hosted by the lovely folks over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. This weeks questions is:
Have you ever visited the location of a book you have read? (submitted by La La @ La La in the Library)
I have! While I was living in Germany, my book club read The Hangman's Daughter by Oliver Potzsch, and that book is set in Schongau, Germany. So while my family was on vacation one year after that, we were staying about an hour away from Schongau, so we made it a point to visit. Now the book is set in the 1600s, so some things have definitely changed in Schongau since then I'm sure, but smaller towns in Germany do still maintain a lot of old world charm, so it was kind of fun to visit.

In addition to that, I lived in Stuttgart for about three years, and that is one of the cities featured in All the Light We Cannot See (although it only plays a very small role in the story ultimately).

And finally, I visited Amsterdam (The Fault in Our Stars and Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl) and my friend and I made sure to get tickets to the Anne Frank House while we were there (we ordered them like three months in advance because that was our big must-see while in Amsterdam). The Anne Frank House was actually much bigger than I'd pictured it when I was reading her diary, but I have to imagine that if you couldn't leave, ever, for a few years, it would start to feel pretty small, and maybe that's what came through in her diary.

So those are the big places I've visited from books I've read. Have you ever visited a location of a book you have read? - Katie

*If you're stopping by from the linkup, please be sure to drop a link to your post below so I can stop by and see your answer too.*
SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. Those are great places you visited.

    It is fun to go where you have read about.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete