Friday, September 28, 2018

*Book Blogger Hop* 28 September 2018



We are on to a new week for the Book Blogger Hop hosted by the lovely folks over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. This weeks questions is:
Do you sneak a peek at the number of views your posts have gotten? (submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)
Absolutely! In fact, here on blogger on my post dashboard it shows me how many views each post has gotten, so I don't even have to search that information out. But I do sometimes go back through and check out some older posts to see those numbers, because I have a few posts that have a LOT of views (like way more than my average post). In fact, checking my post view counts helped me to discover that one of my reviews is one of the top Google hits when you search reviews for that particular book, and that was kind of an amazing feeling. So I definitely recommend checking those numbers yourself, because sometimes you just might be surprised by what you find.

Do you check your view counts? - Katie

*If you're stopping by from the linkup, please be sure to drop a link to your post below so I can stop by and see your answer.*


For more info or to sign up, click here.

5 comments:

  1. That's a great point, and one thing I like about Blogger- it's pretty easy to just have a cursory view of stats like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I probably wouldn't check my page views as often if I used another platform where it wasn't readily available.

      Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  2. My eyes don't stray in that direction, I guess, when I'm in my dashboard. I found that I get too obsessed with my stats if I give them any attention, so it's saner for me not to. I haven't missed keeping up with my stats at all. If anything, it's made blogging less stressful for me. I don't feel the need to do more or less to get my numbers up. It could just be my personality as I know not everyone is affected the same way. I think I'm in the minority though--at least going by the answers to this question. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes sense if it works for you. I have definitely stopped doing features on my blog that I'd originally created because they just weren't getting enough views to be worth the effort when time started to become an issue for me. It just helped me determine what to stop really.

      Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  3. I am on Wordpress and it shows the stats as well. But I depend on Google analytics for stats.

    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete