Friday, February 9, 2018

*Book Blogger Hop* 9 February 2018



We are on to a new week for the Book Blogger Hop hosted by the lovely folks over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. This weeks questions is:
What authors have you met and where? (submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)
None. I've never been to a book signing before and don't exactly live anywhere that meeting up with authors randomly would really be possible. But that answer is sort of a lie, although I don't consider it a lie because the one author I have met in person, I met before she was an author and I haven't been in her presence since she published her first book. So I've met her, but she wasn't exactly HER when I did (does that make any sense?)

Now that we are living back stateside again and I'm going to be living nearish to Denver at that, I'm hoping to get to start going to some bookish events and meeting some of my favorite authors. With luck I'll be in a financial position to fly to some events too, but I'm not getting my hopes up for that too terribly much yet.

What about you? What authors have you met and where did you meet them? - Katie

*If you're stopping by from the linkup, please be sure to leave a link to your post so I can read your answer too.* 

5 comments:

  1. Great you met an author before she became an author and famous...that is awesome.

    Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome you met an author before they got famous!

    Here’s my Book Blogger Hop!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cool that you met an author before she became famous. Hopefully you will meet some more in the future. Here's my Book Blogger Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty cool to meet an author before they were an author. I hope you get to some book events.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I sort of met Alison Goodman before she was well known, but she already had one book out. We met in the back of a car going to a meeting of the committtee of the World SF Convention in Melbourne in 1999.

    I do go to book events AND to SF conventions and plenty of my friends are writers, if not famous ones(Australia has a small population!)

    ReplyDelete