Tuesday, December 19, 2017

*Top Ten Tuesday* Books I Hope Santa Brings (Dec 19)


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Joood - Hooligan of Platypire reviews bossed me into doing this, so I guess this is a thing I do now. 

This weeks theme is books I hope Santa brings. (Here you go Mom, my Christmas wish list for the year!)

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Illustrated by J.K. Rowling - Sure I already own like four copies of this book, but I don't have one with pictures in it. And no, I don't NEED picture books anymore, but what Harry Potter fan wouldn't want this book in their collection?
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Illustrated by J.K. Rowling - I already own four copies of this book as well, but none with the pictures.
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Illustrated by J.K. Rowling - Like the previous two books, I already own four copies of this story, but none of them the illustrated edition, so I need it.
Falling Up by Shel Silverstein - I managed to lose my copy of this book during our last move and it's one I really want my kids to read, so I kind of need a new copy.
Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein - This is another book I managed to lose the last time we moved (and since I've looked in literally every box that's been in our garage the past three years, I'm assuming these books are just gone...stolen by gnomes or something).
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stane: Scots Language Edition by J.K. Rowling - I've read like the first page of this on Facebook and I think reading the entire book in Scots language would be a hoot.
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone: Hufflepuff Edition by J.K. Rowling - So I really want all four house copies of this book, but I NEED the Hufflepuff edition. #PuffPride #Hufflepuff4Life
Goodnight Stories for Rebel Girls by Elena Favilli and Francesca Cavallo - I want this for my daughter...at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Mr. Sam Shearon's Creepy Christmas by Sam Shearon - This is an adult coloring book, and I need more of those. I'm also a fan of Mr. Shearon's artwork where book covers are concerned, so I expect this to be a pretty awesome coloring book.
The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey - I included this book on my finishing the series challenge list, so I kind of need it so I can read it.

So there you have it, ten books I'd love to find under the Christmas tree on fake Christmas (we're not doing Christmas on Christmas day because all of our stuff will already be packed up on it's way back to the states.) Since my parents are still my Santa however, I wouldn't get the books until I see them anyway. So it works to wait for them until fake Christmas.

So what do you think? Should I send my mom this link directly or just wait and see if she discovers it on her own?

What books are you hoping Santa will bring you this holiday season? - Katie

*If you're stopping by from the linkup, please be sure to leave a link to your post so I can visit you back. It may take a while as my house is in upheaval this week, but I will come check out your posts when I can.*
SaveSaveSaveSave

8 comments:

  1. Yes, I want all the books by Shel Silverstein too! I may have to put this on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had them! We bought a set of them before our last move, but they were not packed with the rest of the books and I have not seen them in three years. It really bugs me. - Katie

      Delete
  2. I have the first two illustrated Harry Potter books and also asked for the third. I hope you get all your Christmas wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I probably won't this year because I'm expecting a Kitchenaid mixer from the people who would typically buy me books, but the mixer will see more use so it's worth the wait. Have a merry Christmas. - Katie

      Delete
  3. I would love Santa to bring Illustrated Harry Potters. I hope you get all these!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #PuffPride I kind of want the Hufflepuff version too... I hope Santa is good to you!! And that you don't lose any more books this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Santa brings you all of these!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/12/19/top-ten-tuesday-138/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you receive at least most of them and enjoy them once you read them. Thanks for sharing this. 😁❤️

    ReplyDelete