Friday, December 1, 2017

*Book Blogger Hop* 1 December 2017



We are on to a new week for the Book Blogger Hop hosted by the lovely folks over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. This weeks questions is:
What is your favourite Christmas-themed read? (submitted by Kristin @ Lukten av Trykksverte)
This is a complicated question because it's important first to discuss what it would take for me to consider a book a favorite Christmas-themed read. To me, that would be a book that I want to pull out every few years to re-read because of all the feels or tradition, and frankly, I don't have any books that fit that criteria. I'm not much a re-reader in the first place, and I've only just started really reading holiday themed books in the past three years, and while I enjoyed several of them immensely, I can't think of a single one that I would necessarily want to re-read when there are so many other holiday themed books I haven't read yet.

If I was being forced to choose one holiday themed book to call my favorite right this minute, I'd say The Holiday Gift by RaeAnne Thayne. It's a book that seriously needs to be turned into a cheesy Hallmark Christmas movie.

And on a somewhat related side note, I'd love to invite anyone who is planning on reading and reviewing even just one holiday themed book this year to join my 12 Books of Christmas reading challenge. The linkup for sharing reviews is already live and the rules are pretty simple. Plus, the more the merrier. - Katie

*If you're stopping by from the linkup, please leave a link to your post so I can stop by and see what your favorite holiday themed read is.*

Have you joined the 12 Books of Christmas Challenge yet? Find out more details and sign up here!

7 comments:

  1. I am participating in your 12 Books of Christmas challenge :) Just started with my first book so hopefully this time next year I will have a better answer to this question lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck. I kind of feel like my answer was a bit of a cop-out, even the title I used because it was just the last holiday book I'd finished reading before creating this post.

      Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of Holiday Gift, I'll have to look into it! Thanks for the recommendation. Happy reading & have a good weekend :)

    My BBH

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your reason for picking a favorite Christmas read is a great one! Of course such a book would be reread, perhaps every year, or every few years. "A Christmas Carol" is such a book for me. Although I've only read it once, I do consider it my favorite Christmas read, because I've also seen several adaptations of it on TV. I never get tired of this story, either!

    I haven't heard of "The Holiday Gift", so I'll check it out on Goodreads.

    I will also consider joining your reading challenge. It sure sounds like FUN!! Thanks for letting me know! :)

    Thanks as well for commenting on my BBH post!! Have a great week!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Christmas Carol didn't even cross my mind until I started checking out other peoples posts this week, and then I wondered why I hadn't thought of it. I've only read it once myself, but when I find unofficial sequels I like to read them, so that's sort of the same thing.

      Thanks for stopping by. - Katie

      Delete
  4. I'll have to check out the 12 Books of Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete