Sunday, December 17, 2017

*2018 A to Z Reading Challenge*


Because I don't have enough insanity in my life right now, I've also decided to sign up for the 2018 A to Z Reading Challenge hosted by Ginger Mom & The Kindle Quest. This challenge is super easy, except also not because there aren't a whole lot of books out there that start with the letters X and Q, and just trying to hit all the letters to begin with can be somewhat daunting as well. Honestly, this is a challenge I've tried to do a few times in the past, and I somehow always forget to mark books down as I read them (and have yet to read a book with a title that starts with X for sure), so I've always failed it, but I'm going to try again because I think it's a fun idea even though I'm already pretty sure I'm going to fail to hit all the letters. But you know what they say, "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you." Thank goodness this is all about books and there is no potential death involved. 

So what books do I think I might read for this challenge this year? Here are some possibilities that I'm already planning on reading to meet other challenge goals. If you have any suggestions for my empty letters, please drop them in the comments down below because I can use all the help I can get. 

A: Amputee's Guide to Sex, The by Jillian Weise
B: Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance by Ruth Emmie Long
C: Courage to Soar by Simone Biles
D: Death Before Daylight by Shannon A. Thompson
E: Everything Belongs to Us by Yoojin Grace Wuertz
F: Framing the Black Panthers by Jane Rhodes
G: Garden of Shadows by V.C. Andrews
H: Hate U Give, The by Angie Thomas
I: In a Different Key by John Donvan and Caren Zucker
J:
K: Kill Order, The by James Dashner
L: Love Like You've Never Been Hurt by SJ McCoy
M: Mole Mama by Diana Silva
N: No Land's Man by Aasif Mandvi
O: Oops-A-Daisy by Melody Delgado
P: Princess Diarist, The by Carrie Fisher
Q: Quest of Perkins Vale, The by L.B. Dunbar
R: Reservation Blues by Sherman Alexie
S: Sister of Mine by Sabra Waldfogel
T: This is Just My Face by Gabourey Sidibe
U:
V: Voyage, The by Tammie Painter
W: When They Call You A Terrorist by Patrisse Kahn-Cullors and asha bandele
X:
Y:
Z:

So this is where I'm at right now with books that will fit at least two challenges for me that I've already listed elsewhere on my blog. I'm only missing 5 letters at the moment and I get a free letter if I feel the need to use it. So with any luck at all, having the books listed out (and meeting other requirements as well) will help me to actually be successful this year at the A to Z challenge. Wish me luck. - Katie 

1 comment:

  1. What a fun challenge! It's quite hard to think of books for this challenge, but I'm sure you'll do great! Y: You are so undead to me! Super fun!

    ReplyDelete