Tuesday, August 1, 2017

*Platypire Read-A-Thon* August

Photo Courtesy of Platypire Maribel.

August is here which means it's time to update my read-a-thon list again. Last month was pathetic for me, and I have also decided that I need/want to have all of the books that I am currently reading right now finished by the end of the year so I can start 2018 with a clean slate and a much smaller currently reading list. That should be doable because most of the books that I have started I'm at least 20% through (and many I'm closer to 50% finished with), but I have such commitment issues with books that I'm just not sure. So I want y'all to hold me accountable here. Deal? Also, I want to knock out all my books that I need to review so that the only books on that list are proofreads that are yet to be published. Again, I need you to hold me accountable. 

But without further ado, here is my updated reading list. 

R - Read
C - Currently Reading
T - To Be Read
NR - Needs Reviewed

Reviewed
Titles link to reviews.

Feed by M.T. Anderson (May)

Needs Reviewed

NR - Mary Ting Proofread (Not yet listed on Goodreads)
NR - Alexandrea Weis Proofread (Not yet listed on Goodreads)
NR - Bicycle Thieves by Mary di Michele (March)
NR - Alexandrea Weis Proofread (Not yet listed on Goodreads)
NR - Royal Guard of Draga by Emma Dean (May)
NR - Treading Water by Ginna Moran (May)
NR - Ginna Moran Proofread (Not yet listed on Goodreads)
NR - Mary Ting Proofread (Not yet listed on Goodreads)
NR - Bronx Masquerade by Nikki Grimes
NR - Teenage Diaries: Then and Now edited by Joe Richman (June)
NR - Beast by Donna Jo Napoli (June)
NR - Freakling by Lana Krumwiede (June)
NR - The Gathering by Dan Poblocki (June)
NR - Princess of Draga by Emma Dean (July)
NR - Damned by Alexandrea Weis and Lucas Astor (July)
NR - Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay (June)
NR - In Our Backyard by Nita Belles (June)
NR - Lost Boy by Christina Henry (June)
NR - ISAN by Mary Ting (2016)

Currently Reading

C - The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd (2015)
C - The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (2015)
C - The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin (2016)
C - Sweetwater: The Kihn by Rivi Jacks (2015)
C - Give Me Your Answer True by Suanne Laqueur (2015)
C - The Voyage by Tammie Painter (2015)
C - The Road Home by Kathleen Shoop (2015)
C - Troll by Ashley C. Harris (2015)
C - The Sanctum of Souls by R.K. Pavia (2015)
C - The Travelers by Chris Pavone (2015)
C - Back of Beyond by Neeny Boucher (2016)
C - The Things We Wish Were True by Marybeth Mayhew Whalen (2016)
C - Letter's From Paris by Juliette Blackwell (2016)
C - An Exaltation of Larks by Suanne Laqueur (2016)
C - River of Ink by Paul M.M. Cooper (Jan)
C - The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco (Jan)
C - Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (2016)
C - My Sister's Grave by Robert Dugoni (Feb)
C - Everything Belongs to Us by Yoojin Grace Wuertz (Feb)
C - Eleanor Roosevelt: The War Years by Blanche Wiesen Cook (Feb)
C - A House for Happy Mothers (April)
C - What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty (April)
C - The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck (May)
C - Son by Lois Lowry (May)
C - The Witchwood Crown by Tad Williams (June)
C - The Lost Letter by Jillian Cantor (June)
C - Cooking for Picasso by Camille Aubray (July)
C - The Witches: Salem 1692 by Stacy Schiff (July)
C - Kissing Max Holden by Katy Upperman (July)

To Be Read

T - The Devil's Prayer by Luke Gracias (Feb)
T - Courage to Soar by Simone Biles (March)
T - In Such Good Company by Carol Burnett (March)
T - The Idea of You by Amanda Prowse (April) 
T - The Radium Girls by Kate Moore (April)
T - Betwixters: Once Upon a Time by Laura C. Cantu (June)
T - The Library of Fates by Aditi Khorana (June)
T - Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor (June)
T - Impossible Views of the World by Lucy Ives (July)
T - The Address by Fiona Davis (July)
T - Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller (July)
T - Sneak Peek: The Ones Who Got Away by Roni Loren (July)
T - Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker (July)
T - Everything We Left Behind by Kerry Lonsdale (July)
T - Zoonauts by Richard Mueller (July)
T - Cooking for Ghosts: The Secret Spice Cafe by Patricia V. Davis (July)
T - The Scary Train Ride by Marlene Bischoff (July)
T - Skyward Bound: Hot-Air Ballooning by Alese & Morton Pechter (July)
T - Roxie the Doxie Finds Her Forever Home by Jody A. Dean, Ph.D. (July)
T - Gerome Sticks His Neck Out by L.S.V. Baker (July)
T - The Adventure of Thomas the Turtle by Stuart Samuel (GR) (July)
T - The Fable of the Snake Named Slim by Doug Snelson (August)
T - How to Behave in a Crowd by Camille Bordas (August)
T - How to Change a Life by Stacey Ballis (August)
T - Spellbook of the Lost and Found by Moira Fowley-Doyle (August)
T - Ramses the Damned by Anne Rice & Christopher Rice (August)
T - Nyxia by Scott Reintgen (August)
T - Beasts Made of Night by Tochi Onyebuchi (August)
T - A Thousand Rooms by Helen Jones (August)
T - Sneak Peek: A Game of Ghosts by John Connelly (August)
T - The Border by Steve Schafer (August)
T - Berserker by Emily Laybourne (August)
T - Nemesis by Anna Banks (August)
T - The Vengeance of Mothers by Jim Fergus (August)
T - Artemis by Andy Weir (August)
T - Ginna Moran Proofread (August)
T - Lisa Suzanne Proofread (August)

I went a little bit overboard on both Penguin's First to Read program and Netgalley this month, as is evidenced by the thirteen new books on my list from those two avenues. In addition to that, I managed to not get hardly any of my children's books reviewed last month that I really need to remedy this month. I do at least know that I will be getting two of the new books read this month, because I have no choice in the matter. Proofreads have very solid deadlines that I don't mess with.

Considering that I'm trying to finish reading all of the books that I have started already, how many books do you think I'll get read in August?  - Katie 

6 comments:

  1. Good golly, that's a lot of books to read. I thought I read a lot. Based on title alone, some of those books look really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have commitment issues and very little impulse control where books are concerned. I typically read between 11-13 books a month, which means my list just gets more and more out of control each month because I add more books to read than I can actually read. - Katie

      Delete
  2. OMG - I don't know how you can keep so many books in your head. I have to write them immediately after reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a pretty good memory where the written word is concerned. It's not quite eidetic, but it feels close. It certainly helped me out a lot in school because I learn best from reading, which I could do outside of class. - Katie

      Delete
  3. Wow! How do you keep all of the books you're currently reading straight in your head? I would be going crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a really good memory where the written word is concerned. And it helps that most of the books are vastly different from one another. There's less story blending that way. - Katie

      Delete